Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

It is my understanding this will be resolved, but no date has been given yet.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I went to the GA Dept of Revenue website and downloaded form IT-303. Its a fillable pdf form that is printable after completing online. My plan is to print it and have it ready to mail on 3/15 in the event TT has not fixed the electronic filing problem in time to submit the actual return electronically by the morning of 3.15. Of course, I could print the actual return and mail it in as well. But I prefer to submit the actual return electronically if possible.

Georgia does not accept mailed copies of corporate returns; you must e-file them, which makes the current TurboTax situation even more unacceptable.

I am having this same error.  I cannot e-file my S-Corp return to Georgia.  I was able to e-file my federal return.  Does anyone have a solution to this?  TT support sent me to a website that lists Georgia form availability. Some necessary forms were not supported, and others like 600S would be available 3/15/24.  When I spoke with Georgia DOR support, they knew of no reason why e-filing would be an issue. They said it had to be a software (i.e., TT) issue.

Intuit has a bug with TurboTax that they cannot fix.  They've backed themselves into a corner, and their only recommendation now is to file an extension so people don't sue them.

Why do you think they will not accept mailed returns?  The Georgia Dept of Revenue site gives the address and mailing instructions.  Address was the same as what TT had when I printed to mail. 

https://dor.georgia.gov/mailing-address-corporatepartnership-income-tax

Given your citation, you may be correct.

When I went to file my GA return using TurboTax, TurboTax said e-filing was required.  Perhaps it was my unique situation.

Turbo Tax is showing no errors on my returns, but when I submit the returns, the following message comes up: "Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. Turbo Tax Business is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 for this return."

It's now March 12th, 2023 and I'm getting the same error, "Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available.. TurboTax Business is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 for this return." while trying to e-file my Georgia business taxes.  I was able to e-file my Federal taxes earlier today and it was accepted.

If TurboTax does not have a fix by the 15th I suppose I have no choice but to print out my Georgia business tax return and mail it from the post office.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Although the Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business indicates that the Georgia State Income modules for all business entities are ready for filing, recent developments have delayed implementation. Since we have not been given an estimated release date, you may wish to consider requesting an extension of time to file. 

According to the Georgia Department of Revenue, if you have a filed a Federal extension (Form 7004) by the original due date of your return, you will be granted an additional 6 months to file your Georgia return.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

Corporate Due Dates

For taxable years beginning on or before January 1, 2016, corporate income tax returns are due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month following the close of the taxable year with the exception of an extension.

irs.govirs.gov

About Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, In...

Use Form 7004 to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns. Information on e-filing Form 7004.

Since you have already e-filed your federal return, you can go directly to the Georgia Department of Revenue site to obtain Form IT-303, Application for Extension of Time for Filing. You can also generate this form within TurboTax in the state interview section. You will need to print and mail the form to Georgia.To access the extension form, proceed through the state interview screens in TurboTax.
When asked "Do you want to prepare a Georgia extension?", select Yes.
You will be prompted to print and mail the state extension form.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

IT-303 Application for Extension of Time for Filing

Application for Extension of Time for Filing State Income Tax Returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So what is the status for this same error for a Wisconsin Trust (1041) return.  Federal accepted, State continues to say Intuit isn't ready...

UGA_18

This is entirely unacceptable. What does "recent developments have delayed implementation mean?"

We need a clear answer as to whether: 1) turbotax actually expects to be able to hit the 3/15 deadline for e-filing (despite most of us seeing the estimate increase weekly as prior deadlines are blown) or 2) TurboTax actually knows it has no chance to fix this error in time and everyone needs to go prepare to mail in their returns.

Informing thousands of your clients that they will miss their filing deadlines if they do not immediately print and file their return *THE DAY OF THE DEADLINE* is objectively gross negligence.

There needs to be immediate, official clarification from TurboTax.

Amen to that!  So far TurboTax  been going from one lie to the next.  Now they are saying it will be ready on the 15th but they have destroyed any confidence we ever had that it’s actually going to happen.  No way to do business!  I hope the company gets sued and there is a congressional investigation into this clusterf..k.  The IRS pushes electronic filing on us!  We have to pay for it!  Then the biggest company doing it can’t get the job done!  It’s time for the IRS to take this whole thing over, develop its own system and provide it to the taxpayers for use in filing their taxes.  That way if they have a glitch they can own it and extend the filing deadline.

I have been having the same issue. TT support claimed that GA had not opened S-Corp and now the available date is 3/15. 
So I called the GA DOR and waited on hold for 30-45 min and then was on the phone with them for over an hour. This seems to be a common issue. 

Here is what the DOR stated in writing to me:

“Turbo Tax has not been approved for corp e-file” as of 3/12/23 and likely will not be by the deadline. Here’s the kicker: I get penalties if I paper file…. Looks like this will be our last yr with TT

I wonder if there is a penalty if you paper file an extension with Georgia? Thats what I plan to do and wait until TT fixes this (assuming it happens reasonably soon) and then file electronically. In the meantime, I have electronically filed my federal form successfully.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies