Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

According to dor.georgia.gov and the General Instructions provided with Form GA-8453P

"The GA-8453P is a signature form summarizing the agreement between the taxpayer and ERO or paid preparer. It May also be used by the Georgia Department of Revenue (GADOR) to authenticate the electronic portion of Form GA700. A partner or LLC member muse review and sign this form. This form should not be mailed, but should be kept for a period of 3 years from the end of the year of which the return is filed."

The form is not meant to be mailed nor transmitted electronically. TurboTax shouldnt require the form to be part of the electronic return. It should only be maintained for record keeping purposes.

I will wait until the ~12th and if this is not resolved I will mail my return.  

I believe Georgia requires that all corporate returns be e-filed.  You can't send them by mail, unfortunately.

Well, today is the 9th and I still can't e-file my GA S-Corp.

Just spoke with TT support. They are now saying that GA e-file is still not ready even though their published doc states that it will be available on 3/8/2024. They said to check back in a couple of days. 

Thank you 🙏 for the update!

I spoke to a customer service rep about this error message last week who said that the update to GA would be completed on 3/8/24 and that e-filing would go through on 3/9/24.  I just tried it now with the same error message.  Deadline for filing is in less than a week. 

I am still unable to e-file a Georgia 600-S return as of 3/9/24.  The "State Forms Availability" site still states that e-file for this form will be available 3/8/2024.???  The return is due 3/15!  Two phone calls to TurboTax have produced NO explanation for the hold-up.  I do not want to mail the return, nor file an extension, as Customer Support advises.  I paid for the state program in order to e-file.  I would also like to option to request to be notified by email when the e-filing for GA 600-S is available.  

jskbbu

just called the customer service. they are saying, it will be ready on March-15th. it is also the filing deadline. just lame. unacceptable!

So what if they don’t get it fixed on the 15th.  We are screwed!  I don’t think Georgia accepts paper copies for Business Taxes.  I am going to call my Congressmen.  They push electronic filing with companies like TurboTax, we pay big bucks for the service, then they screw it up where you can’t file on time.  If TurdboTax  no longer has the resources to get the job done then why are they selling the product??? This is ridiculous!!!

It seems to me that they would prefer everyone filing business returns use their professional software. The whole reason I do it myself for my business is because I can't afford a professional. 

I am in Georgia and getting this message today 3/10- is this still a problem 

Yes. TT website still states it should be ready on 03/08. They do not have the Courtesy to change the date after it already passed. I am not sure if they will be able to make it right by 03/15. Never seen such an irresponsible behavior from any other tax software company. 

JVP1
Level 2

Anybody down for a class action? 

Class action means only the law firms make money and software price going up for all of us 😅

Were you able to transmit your e-filing?  I am receiving a similar error message with regard to the Form 8453-PE, though instead, the error message states, "We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attached at....."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies