Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Business 2023 transmissions are not available.

To clarify, are you saying that the signed copy of the form 8453-PE is not needed for the IRS? It is needed for TurboTax to allow me to e-file.

I followed all instructions to print, sign, make a pdf copy of the signed Form 8453-PE, and uploaded it to my LLC Partnership return. However, when I pulled up Form 8453-PE on the preview before submitting for e-file, I see the unsigned Form 8453-PE that I previously printed to sign.

My TT Business software is up to date. I have no error messages.

The Electronic Filing Instructions for my 2023 Federal Tax Return states I “have signed Form 8453-PE and it was attached to the electronic file. No other signature document is needed.”

You are stating that a signed copy of the Form 8453-PE is not available in my pdf copy of my return but I will have a copy  in my file. 

Bottom line, am I good to e-file?

Thanks

In my experience, after the signed copy of Form 8453 is signed and uploaded into TT, TT gives a message that the form is  now attached.  But it is not shown on the preview or the saved pdf. 

This was my first time using TT Business.  I had found a stream on the TT community where the 8453-PE was deleted from last year's partnership form and not needed.  For this year, on my partnership return, you are correct that after the signed copy of Form 8453 is uploaded into TT, TT gives a message that the form is now attached.  And the signed form is not shown on either the preview or the saved pdf. 

I permitted access to a TT Agent so she could see what I had an issue on.  She looked at the form and said, in her experience,  once the form is attached and accepted by TT,  the signed form is not shown on either the preview or the saved pdf. 

I recommended that TT needs to add a note that, once the form is accepted by TT, the signed form will not be shown on either the preview or the saved pdf. 

I e-filed my partnership and received an email a few minutes later at 7:33 PM that the transmission was successful.  The email stated it will take 1 or 2 days for the government to process and accept your returns (longer for some states). I received an email 32 minutes later that my 2023 Federal Partnership filing was accepted by the IRS.  

I'm having the exact same issue with two small Scorp's I manage. Both in GA not able to efile when I selected to efile both state and federal. But when I deselected efile for state both companies were able to federally efile. Tried to efile state again by itself and got the same error.

Funny thing is I've never been able to efile GA with turbotax in the past. Usual hangup is the "film tax credit" form which has NOTHING to do with me. Every year same thing, gets me in a loop trying to fill out this tax credit form. This time I just deleted the form (I saw a note in the turbotax community saying to do this).

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please ensure your forms are available. Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

3/1 update: GA State S-Corp forms available date has changed to 3/8 now.

Still unable to e-file.

Georgia S-Corporations Forms Availability (intuit.com)

Same here....I successfully filed Federal last week but Georgia still get this same message as of 3/2.Capture.JPG

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

This message is received when forms are not ready for e-file.  Normally, when the Federal return is processed it may take a few more days for the state to be able to file electronically.

Check your 2023 state forms availability in these tables.

Keep in mind:

• It takes some time to incorporate state forms into TurboTax. While they may be available from your state on a given date, we need a few days to make the forms available for use in TurboTax.
  • When you locate your form or schedule, there will be dates for Print and (for some states) E-file availability. If the e-file form is listed as unsupported, the form or schedule must be printed and you'll need to mail your return.
  • Forms and schedules missing from the table aren't supported in TurboTax.
  • TurboTax Live Assisted Business currently handles business taxes in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wyoming.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am still getting that same message as everyone else. I am trying to file an S-Corp and a LLC.

When will we be able to transmit the efile?

@Warren Boatman wrote:

I am still getting that same message as everyone else. I am trying to file an S-Corp and a LLC.

When will we be able to transmit the efile?

Is there a state return?   If so,  what state?  See this state forms availability table for the Business product:

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_states.html

Georgia

Georgia wont be available until Friday the 8th.

You should be able to go ahead and e-file the federal, just not the state yet.

Thanks. I will give it a shot

See response from Cynthisd66, TT Expert.

I e-filed my federal LLC on 2/27/24 and IRS accepted it 32 minutes later.

My state was available on 3/2/24 and I completed it on 3/3/24. I was very disappointed that my state cannot be e-filed so I will mail today. I will research my state tax site, after I do my personal taxes, to see if my states' tax system will allow me to e-file.  It does for my personal taxes so I do not pay TT to charge me extra for the state e-file.

Anyone able to transmit their 1041s, yet?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies