turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax wont let me finish filing my state taxes because "Sch C Wks Profit or Loss from Business" is not available for E-File, and only available to file by mail?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Turbo Tax wont let me finish filing my state taxes because "Sch C Wks Profit or Loss from Business" is not available for E-File, and only available to file by mail?

If this is CA then you will be mailing your return this year if you have a Sch C ... thank the fools in your state congress for this mess. 

Peeps

OMG, you are kidding, right? where did you get that info??

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Generally, if you are not able to e-file your return it is because your state has not opened up the e-filing option yet. Even though the IRS has started to accept e-filed starting 1/27/2020 there are some states who have not finalized their tax forms yet, thus not opening the e-file option. Click here to look up your state and see when all forms will be ready: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Once the forms are ready you will be able to e-file your return and check the status here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Peeps 

Take a look at all the unsupported CA  forms for efiling this year ...https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ca_windows_individual.html

California Schedule C and 8829 cannot be e-Filed for the tax year 2019.   Due to the recent tax law changes in CA on who is an employee vs contractor they want these forms mailed in.

In May 2019, the California Office of Tax Appeals ruled very recently that income from California-based clients is taxable as California source income.

For some discussion:

https://www.coblentzlaw.com/california-office-of-tax-appeals-gives-precedential-authority-to-bindley...

https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/95243/is-self-employed-work-performed-out-of-state-for-a-c...

The best source for current information is at this link: TurboTax State Forms Availability.

When it reads unsupported under the e-File column, taxpayers who need to file these forms will have to mail their returns. 

RenRobe29

At this moment, I'm trying to submit e-file both state and federal; however, the state tax cannot be e-file. However, it doesn't note what the isssue is. How can I resolve this? I have not made any changes are added additional forms from the previous year. Thanks. 

Egliskis1

It won't allow me to finish State taxes

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Egliskis1

You posted on a very old thread. If you are unable to file it may be because one of your state forms are not yet ready or unavailable for the e-file option. Please see the links below for more information about your specific federal and state form status:

Click here for: State

Click here for: IRS/Federal Forms

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies