turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax wants me to pay for turbo tax self employed. I am not self employed. I’ve tried starting over and I can’t do that either.

Ive tried starting over and I can’t. I already setup paying for turbo tax using my federal return. I don’t know why it is asking for me to pay for the self employment turbo tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax wants me to pay for turbo tax self employed. I am not self employed. I’ve tried starting over and I can’t do that either.

Did you receive any income for work you did that was not reported on Form W-2? If so, you are considered to be self-employed and must file Schedule C.

If you did not, you can try to delete the form. If that does not work, you may have to clear and start over. Since you have not actually paid yet, this can be done.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select Tax Tools and then Tools.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
  4. Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the instructions.

I’ve tried this and it won’t allow me to delete a form or start over. I think I need to talk to a customer service rep for turbo tax. 

@david-mcdaniels wrote:

I’ve tried this and it won’t allow me to delete a form or start over. I think I need to talk to a customer service rep for turbo tax. 

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

Or -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

RUDAVID

was going to pay what turbotax calculated. but when i paid fed calculation when up

@david-mcdaniels and @RUDAVID (not sure if same person, sorry) - unfortunately, if you selected at the very beginning of the program anything aside from basic, then began your return, you will have to start all over. :( 

If you have a 1099 or anything else that you might have clicked on during the questionnaire that alerted you that in order to proceed you'd "want" to upgrade to whatever it was telling you to upgrade to, and you selected to upgrade, the system was reading that you must have needed it due to the questions you answered along your path. 

Having said that, again, unfortunately most all of the tax software programs around allow for upgrade but not a downgrade. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies