turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msboss706

Turbo Tax SERIOUSLY needs to give us a DIRECT YES OR NO answer about this stimulus payment. Either us Turbo Tax Card holders will receive the stimulus payment DD or not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

195 Replies
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo Tax SERIOUSLY needs to give us a DIRECT YES OR NO answer about this stimulus payment. Either us Turbo Tax Card holders will receive the stimulus payment DD or not.

In order to deliver money as quickly as possible to those who need it, the IRS is sending stimulus payments to eligible taxpayers who filed a tax return in either 2019 or 2018 and chose to receive their refund via direct deposit into their checking account. These taxpayers will automatically have their stimulus payment deposited into the account they received their refund.

We have not yet received confirmation from the IRS on whether they will be putting stimulus payments on prepaid debit cards. However, we have noticed that the IRS has started depositing stimulus payments on some prepaid debit cards for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in the tax year 2019 or 2018. If you received your refund on a prepaid debit card in the tax year 2019 or 2018, here is what you need to know:

• I have access to my debit card: If you have access to your debit card (most people), there is nothing more you need to do. If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your prepaid debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit.
  • I don’t have access to my debit card: If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your prepaid debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have information coming shortly. We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible.

How will the stimulus package impact me?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DawnC 

How do you not know. This is the same explanation I've seen being given for the last 2 week time period. Payments are going out from the IRS starting the end of last week. Yet, Intuit/Turbo Tax can't assist their paying customers as to how they will receive their stimulus payment. Theres some of us out here now counting on these funds to pay there bills.

ThomasM125
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax provides a product that allows you to prepare your tax return and submit it to the IRS and state tax authorities. Like all tax return software providers, the company is not affiliated with the IRS or any other government agency, and as such can only pass along information from them that is made public.

At this time, there has been no official notice given by the IRS regarding specifically how stimulus checks will be distributed to recipients, accept to say they will use banking and debit card information supplied by tax filers on tax returns submitted or through online registration. If no banking information is provided, then a paper check will be issued to the recipient.

@ThomasM125 

Intuit/Turbo Tax supplied that info, the routing and account number, lines 21b and 21d on my 1040. They are the same number that show for this Intuit Turbo Tax Visa Card. Advance took out fees before deposit, then remaining was deposited directly from the irs as it looks. You wanna say your a tax prep software, yet your name is all over this card and you can give answers directly, only run around answers feed thru your highers up. This is ridiculous how yall treat customers of products you offer.

I can confirm TurboTax customers are receiving the stimulus deposit. Now, where it gets confusing is whether you will receive it if you had fees taken out or received an advance. According to this website of the bank that handles the fees and advances, we should be receiving them and it's a rare case if we don't. https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

So they are saying yes, but no in "rare cases." I expect there will be delays, because no one has been able to confirm they will receive a deposit if they had fees taken out or an advance, but people are getting deposits who didn't have fees taken out or the advance.

What's more alarming is the lack of assistance from TurboTax. I hope people remember this when filing next year.

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE THE STIMULATE PAYMENT TO BE DD ON OUR TURBO PREPAID CARD THAT WAS ISSUED WHEN WE RECEIVED OUR TAXES FOR 2019?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

The IRS has just began issuing the stimulus and it is being distributed based on income, with the lowest income being first.

@Lisaboyett76 wrote:

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE THE STIMULATE PAYMENT TO BE DD ON OUR TURBO PREPAID CARD THAT WAS ISSUED WHEN WE RECEIVED OUR TAXES FOR 2019?

That is up to the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

Wk1990

The answer is YES Here!!! This is the bank the turbo card was provided by who provided a statement yesterday ---> https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

Right? How long do they need to say yes or no!

How hard is it to get that answer? Thousands that used your site may not next year because of this issue 

That is a bull crap response 

@Bridgett Trip wrote:

That is a bull crap response 

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit into your bank account then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit into the same account.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

To help everyone check on the status of their payments, the IRS is building a second new tool expected to be available for use by April 17. Get My Payment will provide people with the status of their payment, including the date their payment is scheduled to be deposited into their bank account or mailed to them.

An additional feature on Get My Payment will allow eligible people a chance to provide their bank account information so they can receive their payment more quickly rather than waiting for a paper check. This feature will be unavailable if the Economic Impact Payment has already been scheduled for delivery.

According to the turbo tax site, you will get it on your Turbo card.  

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/wheres-my-stimulus-check-how-to-check-the-status-of-your-s...

Will I Receive My Stimulus Payment on a Debit Card?

The IRS started depositing stimulus payments on some debit cards, including the TurboCard, for taxpayers that chose to receive their refund through that method in tax year 2019 or 2018. If you received your refund on a TurboCard during your most recent tax filing (2018 or 2019), here is what you need to know.

If you have access to your debit card, there is nothing more you need to do. If the IRS deposits a stimulus payment onto your debit card, you will be able to immediately use the stimulus funds upon deposit. 

If you received a notification that you will be receiving your stimulus payment from the IRS on your debit card and no longer have access to it, we will have more information coming shortly. We encourage you to visit this site, where we are continually updating with the latest information and guidance. We know everyone is anxious to get their stimulus money, and we are committed to helping our customers get access to their stimulus payment as fast as possible. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies