Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020 for Mac: crashes after initial install; won't run; crash log attached

Please contact TurboTax support if you continue to require assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020 for Mac: crashes after initial install; won't run; crash log attached

@uhansro wrote:

When I reinstalled and reopened, I found TT recognized the last files I had opened ... a sign I hadn't fully eradicated TT footprints.  I finally searched for com.intuit.turbotax.20XX anywhere on my machine and deleted these files or folders. In addition to the above, I found:

Library>Webkit>Databases>___IndexedDB>com.intuit.turbotax.20XX

/Library/Application

Support/com.apple.sharedfilelist/com.apple.LSSharedFileList.ApplicationRecentDocuments

I believe the first file (webkit) is harmless and need not be removed. the second is already included in the TurboTax uninstall FAQ.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
kenbobsr

Do you find this an acceptable answer to have to use TurboTax that will not run on Mac?  The average user does not have the skills (nor do they want to be manually deleting files) in order to run an application.  

I was able to follow the steps to delete all the recommended files.  I'm unsure of the root cause of the crash, but I've got TurboTax back up and running.   Most applications for Mac (unlike Windows) don't have an 'uninstall' program that removes all footprints but many Mac apps don't need it.  TurboTax probably ought to.  Even still, it was pretty simple to move them to/empty Trash and download / re-install.

I've been using TurboTax since 2004 and never had a problem till now But after trying to follow the instructions per these posts, I gave up and moved on to HR Block. Works just fine, very similar to TurboTax, and allows import of TT data. 

boba100
Returning Member

Thanks for this. I'm going to try. Have been working with TT for the last two hours but they gave up. Do you know if I have already entered everything in TT would deleting all these folders and files delete what I have entered so far? I had been using it until it wouldn't open up today.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for one on one assistance with this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@boba100

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
notjuiced

The problem turned out to be importing the previous years tax return file which crashed the program.  Turbo tax worked when I didn't import the file when prompted.  TT help desk help resolve the problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies