Ask the Experts about the Child Tax Credit >> Event happening NOW!
ftwwp2316

How do I find out witch dependant has been claimed

Rachel_W

To determine which of your Dependents were already claimed, you will need to look at your full Reject Code.  The last two digits of the Reject Code tells you which Dependent it was based on the order they are listed on your Form 1040.  If you didn't receive an email with the Reject Code, please follow these instructions: How do I fix a Rejected Return?

For example, Reject Code:

• R0000-507-01 - The First Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent
  • R0000-507-02 - The Second Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent
  • R0000-507-03 - The Third Dependent listed on your Tax Return was already Claimed as a Dependent

If you need additional assistance in figuring out which of your Dependents was claimed, please comment below.

Bigfacts7281

Want. To find. Out. Which dependants are claim

BarbaraW22

If you are trying to determine who you claimed as a dependent on your tax return, please follow the steps below.

If you have not filed your tax return:

1. Log into TurboTax and click on any topic to continue
  2. Click on My Info from the menu on the left-hand side
  3. Scroll down and you will see the names of the dependents claimed on your return

If you have already filed your return:

1. Click on Tax Tools from the menu on left-hand side and then click Print Center
  2. Click on Print, save or preview this year's returns
  3. Scroll down to Form 1040 and look at the "Dependents" section in the middle of page 1 to see the dependents claimed on your tax return

missdeegirl21

I keep getting the 01 but my first dependent on my taxes has not been claimed by anyone else I have two other children and I'm trying to figure out which one has been claimed I have to reject code of r oR0000-507-01

VictoriaD75

TurboTax will not have information pertaining to which dependent was claimed by another taxpayer. This reject code is made by the IRS based on information they have on file. 

If you have received Federal Correction code R0000-507-01. The IRS is stating that a Dependent on your return has already been claimed as a Dependent on someone else's return.

To remove the Dependent from your return, go to:

1. Basic Information
  2. Dependents/Qualifying Person >> Delete next to the dependent in question. Then resubmit your return through the E-file process on the navigation bar. Check back over the next 24 - 48 hours to be certain that your return has been accepted.

If you have confirmed that you are eligible to claim the Dependent whose social security number is entered in the program and you believe that an error has been made, please contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040. They may advise you to print the return and paper file.