Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

fixed, Just filed mine with Schedule C

@Selig54 A software update is now available
Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen
Click on Check for Updates

@colepalmer 

The IRS Form 8936 Clean Vehicle Credit for tax year 2023 has not been finalized in TurboTax.

The form is scheduled to be available on 02/21/2024.

Go to this TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Try again, there's  a new TT update! I was having the same issue but decided to try again this morning. Once I updated, I was finally able to e-file... 

I can confirm that if you were having an issue filing because you had a Schedule C, the issue is resolved and I successfully e-filed both my FED and STATE.  

Thanks TT for following up on here with the update but please ensure this does not happen in the future and if it does, just communicate more effectively in a timely manner.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the update and e-filing now.

Thanks, Intuit! Never doing business with you again.

The update that was just released Wednesday, January 31, 2024 worked for me, I have used TT for over 18 years. "Poop Happens" This happens in all the different software companies occasionally.

I will remain loyal as my taxes are complicated, and the learning curve is too much, just to have a similar problem in the next few years with another companies tax software.  I use the disk for Home and Business. I usually purchase it before Black Friday Sales and do a mock up file, and estimate  the rest of the year. This way I know what appliances etc to purchase for tax deductions on Schedule E . The only problem is that Black Friday sales are not the same and Loews & Home Depot  dropped the 10% military discount on appliances etc. Thank everyone for the posts. I have opened everyone since 1/28 There are way over 100 +++.

Selig54

Figures.  Did the HR block on line deluxe for $30.  As I finished there, these updates came thru for TT but not HR.

Able to efile with turbo tax now.  Next year waiting until at least the 1st of February.  Lesson learned

sapnet
Returning Member

Fixed after update. Able to file with Sched. C.

Despite this being "fixed" I will absolutely NEVER do business with Intuit again! I have been using Turbo Tax for my business for 10+ years and always had good success but this has been the worst experience with a company! While waiting for this issue to be resolved I tried to set up Intuits Credit Karma Spend account in preparation to apply for a refund advance. After spending the last 2 days trying to "verify" my identity. I tried every option on every forum I could find. When I opened a chat all I got was a tough luck! These are the screen shots of my conversation. Worst customer service ever! Or should I say lack of! I will be looking for a new Tax Software to file this year! One major problem with filing my taxes was enough but two! I now have Zero confidence in their support if I was to have an issue again or god forbid be audited!

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 11.30.46 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 11.31.22 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 11.38.06 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @revealer 

I've worked in IT for 25 years designing and developing applications, data warehouses, and data integrations for Fortune 500 companies and federal agencies.

This sort of obvious bug, unresolved for two weeks, and in tax season, is completely unacceptable.

If they're this inept at a core function, how inept are they at security? How many calculations are wrong?

Seems like their focus is on selling me more junk.

Glad you're satisfied. I'm out.

The latest update allowed me to e-file

SuziM

A software update is now available to resolve this issue. 

1. Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen
  2. Click on Check for Updates

Did you do anything special to fix it?

This worked for me. EFILE complete and I am good.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies