Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

@sapnet See this TurboTax support FAQ for the problem and to sign up to be notified when corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

Selig54

Same here.  It is now the 30th of January.  No errors, exact same info as last year, only changes in income.  Maybe TurboTax would like to refund me the cost of sending my Return certified mail if you don't fix this soon???   Been using TT for over 10 years and NEVER had to file by mail.  FIX IT or refund my money

So here we are at the 31st and still unable to e-file our Schedule C's. I've read a lot of the comments and answers. I haven't changed any letters in my business name or my name or anything else for that matter--it is all pulled in from last year's return by TT. I haven't had a forms update for two days. I will keep trying. I wasn't even permitted to "ask a question" in today's live Q&A session. Said I didn't have sufficient access or some such thing. Not sure why; I did RSVP. Intuit is vying for a place on my Persona non Grata list.  For as small as my return is, I may go a different route next year, after 30+ years of Turbo Tax and its predecessor, Personal Tax Edge. Thanks to everyone in this Community for keeping us all up to date on things.

@TeakyBoy See this TurboTax support FAQ for the problem and to sign up to be notified when corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

This should have been caught by the QA team or user acceptance testing as it is a showstopper bug. Let's give them a chance to correct this in a timely manner, though the lead-up to this and the severity/priority of this bug is a pretty glaring issue.

In either case, they have promised unofficially by end of 1/31 for resolution and should be working by 2/1, though it is not in their official communication in the post above. We shall see.

Personally I will give them up to a week or two after their acknowledgment of the issue. If it is still not resolved after this, I will be returning it for a refund and going to their competitors as well.

@vince88 An update should now be available -

Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen
Click on Check for Updates

They just fixed the issue in a 5min update

@DoninGA 

Just downloaded and it seems to be working now. Thanks for letting us know.

Hopefully this won't be a repeat issue in the future.

Everyone, update your software and you should be good to go.

good

So has the issue been resolved?

Schedule C

@babyleave2003 wrote:

Schedule C

A software update is now available
Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen
Click on Check for Updates

Have you been able to efile yet?

Have you been able to efile the schedule C yet?

I am missing Form 8936 for an EV purchase as well as State of Maine tax returns. This is holding up $15,000 in income tax refunds. This is a repeat problem over the past three years. Intuit’s credibility has sunk to a new low.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies