Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

I did the update today as well, and that has not resolved the problem. 

What tax program did you replace TT with? I am interested as I intend to ask for a refund and I will need to replace TT.  Thanks!

Hello!  What did you delete in order to be able to e-file?

Schedule C I deleted the entry I don’t have any business related items and I was able to e-file. 

@AlexHoust 

Yup. This was it for me. I deleted sched C and e-filing went through. Thanks.

TT needs to fix this! Taking schedule C out and not writing off business expenses when you have tons is not a solution. 

Absolutely not a solution. What's the point in buying TT home and business if you're not writing off business expenses?

OK ... @jdhouse30  ... FYI ... you can use ANY of the downloaded programs  so don't buy the most expensive one when the Deluxe will work the exact same way (buy Basic if you don't need a state return). 

Next did you actually review the return completely to see why more expenses is not helping any ?   Note the Office in Home form 8829 cannot reduce your Sch C bottom line below zero.   Did you incur an NOL ? 

Did not know Delux would work if claiming a home based business. I will have to look at that since we write off a lot to the home business. I just follow the prompts. If I was a tax accountant I probably wouldn't need TT to do this. I didn't just "choose" the most expensive one. I went through the prompts in Delux last year and it said I should move to the home and business one to do what I needed too. I will check out Delux again. Also, my Father-in-law uses it for his home based business so just going off of what I know works. 

All I can tell you is following the prompts and entering all my data, I get the most when I claim everything. When I looked at the forms and specifically schedule C, I see a lot on there. So I did a test and completely removed all of the data in "Home office Expense" and it made a net difference of over $6,000, so yes I do need that write-off. My wife's business uses our entire basement and an office space on our main level (and that's legit not like other people that BS on their taxes). We get to write off the extra taxes on that as well. 

The program will of course prompt you to upgrade but it is NOT required when using the downloaded version.  You must upgrade to Premier in the online version (formally Self Employed). 

kurt16

Per the suggestions, I removed Schedule C (which removed associated forms like Self Employment tax) and then my return would efile. I was going to file a future amended return anyway, since my refund is 5 figures, so it's worth it to me to not have to wait for the bug fix. As others have said, it's inexcusable that TurboTax has this bug this late in the process. After many years with paid TurboTax Windows Desktop, I'll be looking for a new product next year.

Gohon

I looked back through my forms and found a Schedule C.  I have no businesses to report but not only was there a Schedule C but it had a box checked in it.  Deleted the Schedule C form and now I can E-File.  Been using TB for many years but with all the changes that seem to be getting into my personal life...gonna rethink it for next year. 

w9dhi
Returning Member

After going thru the software I found it automatically creates an empty form C.  I went in and deleted that and was able to file my return.    I had never been in the option the page showed I hadn't so basically in the code it's creating that form with no info.   Just go to C and delete everything and it fixes it.

Just checked I still can’t file! Yes I have schedule C but it’s not empty I need schedule C for expenses. TT needs to fix this! Deleting schedule c and owing more taxes verses getting your refund from expenses is not a fix.

how to send my return  and my sc c

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies