Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

i have this issue also i wait till the 31st if not ill take the program back to the store for a refund 

I have already asked for a refund. Waiting for it to get approved and buying another tax software.

Same here.  Talked to tech support twice and yesterday TT admitted it's a bug.  They don't have an ETA to fix but said they are waiting on some IRS forms to be updated on Jan 29 and "maybe" the  bug will be fixed with that update.  That's tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Definitely a bug in their software, just W-2s, Schedule C and that is about it, all the same forms as last years filing.

w9dhi
Returning Member

Just go in and delete Schedule C if you don't need it.  The bug is the system creates a blank one, deleting it fixes it and allows you to e-file.

Do need the schedule C and it’s not blank. Also there’s clearly more issues, spent another 2 hours on phone with TT today they don’t know what the issue is we tried many things. However the person I was talking too said she already did her taxes and had schedule C and it filed just fine. She did seem to think the form 5329  wasn’t available according to her on the irs website. Not sure because it’s never been an issue every year filing early. Guess we will see tomorrow.

I don't have Form 5329 on my return, and I still cannot e-file after the update. Deleting a Schedule C to be able to e-file is unacceptable. If this isn't fixed tomorrow, when the IRS starts accepting returns, TurboTax will have a BIG problem, and a massive number of people will want refunds.

We also found form 8995A isn’t available until the 31st. I have form 8995 on my taxes but doesn’t say A so we weren’t really sure if this was same form. Definitely very frustrating will be getting them done elsewhere tomorrow if it’s not fixed. Not going to wait around when they aren’t even acknowledging an issue

8995-A is a different form than 8995. At this point, given the number of people with issues here and on Reddit, I’m convinced this isn’t related to our returns. Several people posted saying their returns went through with a different software so it is definitely a TT bug. They should be honest and send out an alert or email about this instead of hiding behind their poor support agents who have to deal with angry customers.

I created a save as test copy of my & Home and Business company file. Then I started to delete forms to see which form was causing the problem. It was scheduled C. I called Turbo Tax and they explained that Schedule C  wouldn't be able to file until the very end of Jan. I really expected that the next update of Turbo Tax would "mark" Schedule C, in red, as "DO NOT FILE". That way, they would have less phone calls, also people would know to wait for updated Form. By not marking the file they are losing lots of money as many people just filed by mail, therefore TT losing the State filing fee and overrunning the support system.

I created a save as test copy of my & Home and Business company file. Then I started to delete forms to see which form was causing the problem. It was scheduled C. I called Turbo Tax and they explained that Schedule C  wouldn't be able to file until the very end of Jan. I really expected that the next update of Turbo Tax would "mark" Schedule C, in red, as "DO NOT FILE". That way, they would have less phone calls, also people would know to wait for updated Form. By not marking the file they are losing lots of money, as many people just filed by mail. Therefore TT losing the State filing fee, overrunning the phone support system, and pissing off customers.

TT had me try a manual update since when I do it in TT it says up to date. Sent me the link followed the steps and it says I don’t have TT 2023 installed first install TT 2023 and follow steps again. Clearly I do have TT 2023 installed. So I’m thinking must be a software issue on their end not the IRS 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/update-products/manually-update-turbotax...

Syhawaiian
Returning Member

Can you clarify this?  I also think it's something to do with a Schedule C but it hasn't been a problem before.  Are you saying that all Schedule Cs can't be efiled this year or that there's a specific detail to the business name you shouldn't add?

Did this  - same issue.  Still can't efile 

I have tried all the suggestions on blog - WHAT is going on with Turbo Tax 2023 ?  I must have issues repaired asap - I have used this program for 20 years and have never had these issues.  Please respond to all with theses issues.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies