Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mtex45

How many returns can you efile with Home & Business?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
HelenaC

The TurboTax CD\Download versions include up to five (5) free federal e-files and one state download. You could e-file more than five (5) federal income tax returns but there is an e-file fee.

You could purchase additional states as needed. The e-file fee for the state is not included. 

You can do as many paper income tax returns and as like but once again, after the five free e-files, you will have to pay for e-filing or mail the additional ones. 

Just to clarify, when purchasing additional states does this include the e-file fee, or is the e-file fee additional to the purchase fee of an additional state?

@max656 wrote:

Just to clarify, when purchasing additional states does this include the e-file fee, or is the e-file fee additional to the purchase fee of an additional state?

When using the TurboTax desktop editions there is an e-file fee for e-filing a state income tax return.  For the personal editions of TurboTax the e-file fee for a state return is $19.99 or $24.99 depending on when the state return is e-filed during the year.  This fee can be avoided by printing and mailing the state tax return.

Is it possible to e-file the state return for North Carolina after Oct 15?

No, not from Turbo Tax.  Efiling closed Oct 15, 2019.  And you can only efile state if Federal was first efiled and accepted.

jobower

If you have more than 5 Federal returns ,can you tell me how much the additional charges are to file online and if you need additional or different software?

@jobower wrote:

If you have more than 5 Federal returns ,can you tell me how much the additional charges are to file online and if you need additional or different software?

The limit of 5 federal e-files is set by the IRS when using personal tax software.  Professional tax software does not have a limit.

Any tax returns that need to be filed after the 5 e-files have been used can be printed and mailed.

Could we file more than one return for State (Michigan) "for the same person" using the same Home and Business if the person owns more than one "single-member LLC?" Or does the same business owner not have to file more than one state tax return? Please be specific. Thanks. 

All your income goes on the same tax return.  You fill out a schedule C for each Single Member LLC in the same Federal return.  Same for state.  Are any of your Single Member LLC set up as an S corp?  If you have a S corp you need to file a separate federal Business return from your personal return.

I have no S-Corp. 

1. You mean all my income goes on the same 1040 form? 

2. So, if I have two LLCs and should file two returns for the state, does the desktop software easily walk me through everything and create the Schedule Cs for both the state and federal as long as I enter the info on the two LLCs with their own TIN (I assume the software will ask me if I have a second company?) or will I have to take a course and be an expert to be able to do all that, in which case I'll have to go to a tax expert? 

#1 Yes.  You only file one federal 1040 return for all your income.

Don't know about your state.  Never heard of needing to file more than 1 return for state.  The state returns usually start with the federal AGI.  Maybe there is some other kind of return you need to file for your LLCs in your state in addition to your state personal return.  

I e-filed one Pennsylvania Federal and a CA fed & state. I was charged $20. and $40. so far

What was the $40 fee for ??

Daniel Richards

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@TuTU196844

One state INCLUDED with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business

Prepare and print unlimited returns for one state at no extra cost.
Only 40 per additional state. E-file additional

Early e-filing fee $20 each. Anticipated fee increase expected in March 2021. Prices are subject to change without notice.

E-file fees do not apply to New York state returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
vhlh

How much is the fee for e-filing beyond the 5 return limit (Home and Business)?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies