Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stuck in a loop on step 2 "Your refund info"

No good.

I downloaded the App and tried to file again.  The bank info was pre-loaded on the series of pages of step 2.

When completed, the exact same looping issue occurred.

This problem is still occurring. Your link to signup to get updates is broken.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Cynthiad66
Cynthia Dozier

Re: Stuck in loop on step 2 to file

Some TurboTax Online customers may experience a looping behavior during final review or after entering their driver’s license or other ID info in the File section of their return. Some customers may also get the error message "Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" in these areas.

We’re currently working to resolve this issue. 

For a potential fix, we recommend going back through the three review sections one at a time: 

Note: If your TurboTax navigation looks different from what’s described here, learn more.

1. Select Federal from the left menu, then Federal Review to begin the federal review process.
  2. Select State from the left menu, then State Review to begin the state review process.
  3. Select Review from the left menu, then Check my info to begin the final review process.

If the looping behavior continues after following these steps, we recommend filing an extension for your federal and state returns and paying any taxes due before the filing deadline (April 15, 2024). This will help you avoid any late fees or penalties in the event this issue isn't resolved by the deadline.

@Pkess69 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is the best way for TT users to get updates on the progress of the fix? Other than just attempting to resubmit over & over?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

So this is happening when trying to enter your direct deposit information? Try selecting the option for multiple accounts and just enter the full refund amount under one account. 

Let me know if this solves your issue.

That didn’t work. 
That didn’t work. I also tried using 2 actual accounts with split funds.  Then tried a savings vs checking account. None of those moved me on to Step 3. Just stays on Step 2.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The only thing I have left to suggest is to call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

no.  it goes through all pages within step 2 but wont show step 2 as complete and wont proceed to step 3

did that... 3 times.  they're pretty much helpless.  this needs TT development team to engage ASAP and simply trace the bug!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Can you confirm this is in the area where you enter your Direct Deposit information or where you are trying to make payment? What is the exact error message you get?

There are no error messages.  It just kicks us back to the page to begin step 2.  I cannot believe this has not been resolved after this much time.   

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

What is Step 2?  Can you confirm if this is in the area where you enter your Direct Deposit information or where you are trying to make payment? What is the exact error message you get?

Are you a bot?  There is no error message, as stated before.

Step 2 is where the direct deposit information is entered.  After completing step 2, it sends us back to the page with all 3 of the final steps.  However, step 2 is still shown as incomplete.

Can you please refer this to someone that can check this bug specifically and get it fixed?  This has been far too stressful for far too long.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Nope, not a bot, I'm a real person.

When you get this loop, it is generally because you are signed in on multiple devices. Sign out of all your devices (mobile app, all the browsers). It sometimes helps to sign in and then properly sign out of all the devices again. The if using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

This should solve your problem.

I would recommend you double check your state return.  Several of us Minnesota TT users had problems with the Property Tax Refund form.  I was able to move past the "stuck in step 2 loop" when I went into forms and deleted the Property Tax refund form.  TT still required me to enter some property tax data but I opted to manually file the proerty tax refund.

The problem was not related to cookies, mutlitple devices open etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies