Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Perl23

Stimulus check

My taxes were rejected because it needs more information. I received the first stimulus. Will I receive the second?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Stimulus check

yes.,..and if you don't , it will be resolved on your 2020 tax return (Line 30)

Perl23

Stimulus check

I should receive it right?  As I did the first one. There are complications with taxes right now and they need more info. So on and so fourth. 

what are the odds that I won’t?! I am struggling and really just trying to plan ahead or figure out whether or not to expect 

Stimulus check

one has nothing to do with the other; you are entitled to the stimulus payment with one exception: it can be garnished for back child support, but otherwise, it can't be withheld.

the 2nd stimulus is to be sent out by January 15th.  if you don't receive it in January, you will be able to get it as a credit on your 2020 tax return. 

Stimulus check

And....you say your 2019 return was rejected.    What have you done about that?  Did you print it and mail it after it rejected?  It is too late to e-file it now, so if you have not mailed it in, you need to do that.  Print it, sign it in ink and mail it.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies