turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

Speak with somebody

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Our digital assistant can help you.
7 Replies
Expert Alumni

Speak with somebody

You can use the steps in this FAQ to speak with an agent:   How do I contact TurboTax?

Speak with somebody

Hi I would like to add a dependent on my return and remove a dependent

Speak with somebody

@Tonya jackson wrote:

Hi I would like to add a dependent on my return and remove a dependent

If you have NOT filed the 2019 tax return then just click on My Info on the left side of the 2019 tax return online program screen add or remove a dependent.


If you have filed the 2019 tax return and it has been accepted, then you will have to amend the 2019 tax return to add or remove a dependent.


An amended tax return, Form 1040X, can only be printed, signed, dated and mailed by you to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 4 months to process the amended tax return. Wait until you have received the tax refund or the taxes owed have been paid and processed by the IRS before amending the tax return.

To access your online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Amend (change) return

See this TurvrboTax support FAQ for amending a 2019 tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-do-i-amend-a-2019-return-in-turbotax/01/123845...

Returning Member

Speak with somebody

I would like to know the amount of my refund. And how can I print my documents.


Warm regards,

Karen Armstrong

Expert Alumni

Speak with somebody

If you are using TurboTax Online, you can print your documents from the Documents menu on the left or the Print Center. 


From the menu on the left, choose Tax Tools. Click on Print Center. Choose the applicable tax year. 


Refunds on reported on line 20 of your Form 1040. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
New Member

Speak with somebody

my e-filling has been rejected by the IRS, they asking for last years AGI, looked at last years return and but in the AGI. Now their asking for some IRS pin, and i don't know it. I would like to have someone talk me thru this [phone number removed] thank you

Expert Alumni

Speak with somebody

If you have an IP-PIN and have lost or not received it, you can attempt to recover it from the IRS. Otherwise, you will need to mail in your return. 


You can find the IRS IP-PIN recovery site here. 


You can contact TurboTax customer support here, or you can use the Help icon in the upper right hand corner of TurboTax.


The IRS requires that your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from your tax return from the previous year be included with any tax return e-filed this year.


You can find your 2018 AGI on Line 7 of your Form 1040.


If you had filed with TurboTax last year, the AGI would have been automatically added to the return. If you did not file with TurboTax last year (or if you filed in a different TurboTax account), you will need to enter the AGI from last year manually. The AGI is added near the end of the filing process, just before filing the return.


To find the AGI from a different TurboTax account, sign in to that account, then scroll down on the opening page until you get to Your Tax Returns and Documents. Chose 2018 and download your tax return.


If your previous year tax returns are not available, you can use the IRS Get Transcript tool. Try the online option first. If you are unable to obtain the transcript online, you can have one sent to the address the IRS has on record for you. You can find IRS Get Transcript here.





**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies