Re: should i self-declare a post-tax IRA contribut...

LP1968

should i self-declare a post-tax IRA contribution if my bank did not provide a 1099-R?

I did a post-tax IRA 2018 contribution on Jan. 10 2019, but my bank did not provide a 1099-R yet! 

Should I self-declare the contribution in my 2018 tax return? (even though it has no tax implication, since it was post-tax). 

please advise. Thx.  

Kat

You'd receive a 1099-R only if you had a distribution, rollover, conversion, or recharacterization of an IRA.  

I'm assuming that you contributed to a Roth IRA, correct?  You do want to enter that into your TurboTax program, just for record-keeping purposes.  See the instructions in the TurboTax FAQ below for entering this 2018 contribution made in 2019.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900454-where-do-i-enter-my-traditional-or-roth-ira

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***