TurboTax FAQ
TurboTax FAQ
800 people found this useful

Where do I enter my Traditional or Roth IRA?

To enter your 2017 IRA contribution (money you put into your IRA), open your return, search for ira contributions inside your TurboTax program, and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results. We'll take you to the Traditional IRA and Roth IRA screen where you can start the IRA interview.

Now, if you need to enter a 2017 IRA distribution (money you took out of your IRA), or a conversion, rollover, or recharacterization, this will be reported on a Form 1099-R, which you should get from your IRA custodian by mid-February. Once you have your 1099-R, enter it in TurboTax.