Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dancrohr
Returning Member

screen text size

How can I increase the font size on the TT input screens? (iMac)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

screen text size

This would be something you would have to do from your settings on your computer. Not in Turbo Tax. Try the steps in this link.

Increase font on a Mac

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

screen text size

This increases only my chrome page font size but the size in turbox tax remain very small...

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

screen text size

Have you tried these instructions to alter the size of the font? Pressing CTRL and the PLUS SIGN should increase the font size in both the Online version and the Desktop version's of TurboTax. You can decrease the size of the font by pressing CTRL and the MINUS SIGN. 

screen text size

Yea that's the first thing I did but didn't work out for the desktop app on my mac.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

screen text size

The thread provided will guide your through different solutions to your problem. To access this thread click here

Jeff9999

screen text size

That only increases the size of the form you are working on.  It does nothing to increase the microscopic text in the pop-ups, help screens, etc.  This appears to be a poorly designed product.

Jeff9999

screen text size

If I change the display settings on my computer to get readable text in TurboTax, I end up with truly huge text in all my other programs.  This is clearly a problem within TurboTax and Intuit needs to get a fix.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

screen text size

If you are still having the same issue, you can contact us by phone here for technical support. @Jeff9999

yuvi123
Returning Member

screen text size

Hi, Curious if you were able to resolve the issue, I also feel the screen size /fonts are too small on turbo tax mac software.

yuvi123
Returning Member

screen text size

This is a common issue and would be great if you can fix the User Interface and make the text bigger or ability to change the size of the font, its not a Mac problem.

screen text size

Using the downloaded software on my Windows 10 computer:

I noticed that AFTER the initial screen(s), i.e., before TT searches to see if your computer has any previous years' TT tax returns, the program interface changes and offers a Zoom feature through the View menu. Also, in the smaller windows (panes) that pop up when you click on things like "Learn More" or on the "?" (question mark), a pair of icons at the top of that answer or info pane (these are actually buttons, by behavior) showing a Large capital A and a smaller capital A offer the same results of respectively increasing or decreasing the text size within that pane.

rjpip52

screen text size

This is clearly a problem.  I've used TurboTax for over 20 years and never had this mess.  The font is gigantic; the tool bars are gigantic.  When I shrink them, it then shrinks everything else on my PC--which is a pain to go back and forth just to be able to use TurboTax. 

Jeff is right -- this is a big flaw and needs to be fixed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies