turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

FjF

Saving file

When I try to save a tax return I get a message 

with the caution symbol indicating "...individual tax return. tax 2019- There are no more files"

So basically It wont let me save, luckily I have not gotten too far. FYI I'm using the same PC as last year but upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. It transfers last years return but won't save.

Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Saving file

Try the following...if this doesn't work, I got another possible fix:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-cannot-save-tax-file/01/991452/highlight/true#...

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
FjF

Saving file

Thanks, but unfortunetely that did not solve the saving issue. I even tried restarting after I followed the directions. Can you please share the other possible solution?

Saving file

Sure.....(assuming you've already run the software updates from inside the tax product...and that didn't help)

.......TTX should only be installed and run as an Administrator.....not in some guest account without administrator privileges...but it's hard to know each person's exact setup.

But even if you did that already, there is an internal setting that sometimes needs to be implemented also.

So... Exit TurboTax....then:

1)  right click TurboTax 2019 icon

2)  Select  … Properties

3)  Select the  Compatibility tab

4) In the "Settings" box … check the box to "Run this program as an administrator"

5) Apply...OK...then restart the program and try again

Still won't work......then Customer Support on the phone

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
FjF

Saving file

Thanks again , still did not do the trick. I'll try to get help by calling Turbo. I'll post what they say if they solve the issue.

emartin

Saving file

Hi. I have the same problem and tried the controlled folder fix without success. I also made the account a local admin just in case, no luck. I am not able to save any file, very frustrating :(

Jsp2

Saving file

SAME EXPERIENCES HERE! Have already tried all the suggestions above - Please, y'all, how can we save these files safely so they can be found again???!!   Thanks!

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Saving file

@Jsp2  are you receiving an error code when trying to save?  If so, refer to the below FAQs to see if these steps remedy the issue:

Error 539 when opening or saving a tax return - Community

Error 131: There was an error in saving your file ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Saving file

Crappy software. Over $100 to use this to file state and federal. Plus a $39.00 surcharge if you have it deducted from your over payment.  Pay day loan arrangement. 

Saving file

Crappy software, over $100 to file state and federal. Plus $39 if you get an advance from you federal refund. Nice work if u can get it, TTI.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies