Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

OS8
Returning Member

Roth IRA question

While using Turbo Tax for last year’s taxes, I noticed again the option to let Turbo Tax track my earnings. Since I do not know what kind of info I needed to take this option, I have not used it. Please help me out here so I could use it for next years taxes.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Roth IRA question

It will track your contributions not the earnings.   Use it or not it is your choice but you should be keeping track of this yourself ... the IRA custodian sends out a form 5498 every year so keep them with your IRA paperwork for future  reference. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Roth IRA question

It will track your contributions not the earnings.   Use it or not it is your choice but you should be keeping track of this yourself ... the IRA custodian sends out a form 5498 every year so keep them with your IRA paperwork for future  reference. 

OS8
Returning Member

Roth IRA question

Thank you. I have not made any contributions in many years since I sm on limited income (ss and long-term disability). I am afraid,  if I contribute, I will have a little more assets and then I will get less help from ss in the future. Maybe that is faulty planning….

Anyway, thank you for responding and your help. OS8

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies