Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LindaB21

Returns Rejected - 2018 AGI incorrect

I am getting the AGI doesn't match message and the number imported is matching the transcript/.  If I file electronically and it fails again, can I refile using another program (HR BLOCK, TAX ACT), that doesn't have this problem, or will my rejected TurboTax return cause problems with the IRS.   

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Your return was rejected because your 2018 AGI didn't match the IRS records. 

The rejecting will not cause any problems with the IRS. 

If your return keeps getting rejected, you can print it and mail it in.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Liz21
Returning Member

I had my federal return rejected due to an agi problem. I am ok with mailing the federal return but now I need to file a paper state return as well.  I just paid an extra $24.99 to e-file the State. Do I get a refund of this charge?

@Liz21 wrote:

I had my federal return rejected due to an agi problem. I am ok with mailing the federal return but now I need to file a paper state return as well.  I just paid an extra $24.99 to e-file the State. Do I get a refund of this charge?

To contact TurboTax customer service/support use their contact website during business hours. If the problem concerns any type of refund for fees, use the key words billing issues and do Not use the word Refund or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

This is a TT issue and needs to be fixed ASAP since it has been reported for quite some time.

I submitted the returns for my friend, whose husband passed last year, using the downloaded version just like I have for many years. I kept getting the AGI incorrect for him (even though they have always filed married/jointly). We retrieved the IRS transcript and sure enough, I was using the correct AGI. Tried again. Rejected. Tried using 0 as some have suggested. Rejected. Tried leaving blank. Rejected.

I then went to H&R Block's site and submitted from there. Accepted and being processed.

Turbo Tax. Admit that there is a bug and please fix it.

Following advice from a link provided in this thread, I entered my 2018 AGI as 0 since I filed late.  It had been rejected three times earlier but was accepted this time. Thanks.

Bub2
Returning Member

I received the 2018 transcript in the mail from the IRS and the AGI was the same as entered on my 2018 returns. Yet I still get this same rejection. Please help. I can't use a paper filing for my New York state filing.

Bub2
Returning Member

I have the identical problem. My 2018 Fed. transcript had the sames AGI as my 2018 returns. Why won't Turbo Tax help us?

@Bub2 wrote:

I have the identical problem. My 2018 Fed. transcript had the sames AGI as my 2018 returns. Why won't Turbo Tax help us?

It is an IRS rejection, not TurboTax.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2018 AGI if the AGI you have been entering is continually rejected.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Ml9491

We dont have the AGI number so how do we correct it 

How do I correct this so it will be accepted?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

The IRS requires that your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from your tax return from the previous year be included with any tax return e-filed this year.

You can find your 2018 AGI on Line 7 of your Form 1040.

If you had filed with TurboTax last year, the AGI would have been automatically added to the return. If you did not file with TurboTax last year (or if you filed in a different TurboTax account), you will need to enter the AGI from last year manually. The AGI is added near the end of the filing process, just before filing the return.

To find the AGI from a different TurboTax account, sign in to that account, then scroll down on the opening page until you get to Your Tax Returns and Documents. Chose 2018 and download your tax return.

If your previous year tax returns are not available, you can use the IRS Get Transcript tool. Try the online option first. If you are unable to obtain the transcript online, you can have one sent to the address the IRS has on record for you. You can find IRS Get Transcript here.

@gusdidit

Samben002

Do I put my individual income or mine and my ex husband combined income from 2018 ?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Did you file a joint return last year? Your AGI is found on the 2018 form 1040 line 7. 

Good afternoon,  I did not file a 2018 tax return and it keeps rejecting for the previous year AGI. What am I supposed to do at thi point?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies