turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

READ THIS: Stimulus and TurboTax Card!!!

To everyone wondering: 

It is 100% confirmed that if you had your fees taken from your refund for direct deposit, you won’t be receiving the stimulus deposit to your card. You will have to login to the Get My Payment portal at the IRS website and update your deposit information ASAP. Do it right now if you’re reading this before your payment gets messed up or they choose to send you a paper check and you have to wait weeks or maybe months.

I did mine this morning but my girlfriend wasn’t as lucky - she has to wait for a paper check. 

Shame on TurboTax for holding back this information from their paying customers - many of us are repeat customers at that. Disgusting. They clearly had advanced knowledge of this as they have partnered with the IRS for this entire process but are too greedy to inform all of us with worry that it will affect future customers from filing their late taxes this season. I will never use TurboTax again because of the way they handled this and kept us all in the dark, everyone was getting different answers from different customer service reps, leading us around in circles when many, many people are struggling to put food on the table and feed their kids. Absolutely despicable and I would suggest everyone find other routes to file their taxes next year. I hope this makes news and runs this business through the ringer.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

37 Replies

Absolutely ridiculous! I checked my payment and it says it was deposited today to an account number I don’t recognize! I’m so frustrated with TurboTax! I’ve used this product for the last 6 years! This is not the time to play with our money! I didn’t have to pay fees and I did not receive a loan! No excuse! 

I logged on to the portal this morning and had to re-enter my direct deposit information as well. If you used the TurboTax debit card and had the fees deducted you WILL NOT get your payment on your TurboTax card!

I had to re-enter my direct deposit information as well with the irs. I had a turbo card this tax season and got an advance. I'm glad I got in there early this morning. If not, I'm sure I'd be waiting for a paper check smh. 

Did the account number you saw happen to be the last four of your social? I checked today and it was the last four of mine.

@Brandondefreitas1992  Yep! I don’t understand why they’re playing with our money during these hard times! 

Sbailey

This is all true. I went in to check this morning and was told there wasn't enough information to process my payment. I had to add direct deposit information.

So what you're saying is that because I didn't sign onto the IRS portal and update my direct deposit information in a timely manner, I now have to receive my refund in the form of a check? I kept trying to change my info but it kept saying the whole dollar amount I was entering was incorrect, which it wasn't and locked me out for 24hours. This is blowing me and really starting to get under my skin. I can't say what I really want to say. 

Well the portal didn't open until recently.  So tell me.  If you had that information a month ago. What would you have done? As far as I know, there's nothing you or turbotax could have done. Even if they had that information. There still wouldn't have been anything they could do. I'm just sayin... grow up. P.s. i got my stimulus on my turbo card but won't be a returning customer based solely on the poor handling of customer frustrations during this time.  As should you. 

@Bologna1  when did you receive your on your turbo card?

Ebonee917
Returning Member

Makes sure you enter in the AGI from your tax return and not the number from your wages. I made that mistake at first. Until I looked closely and saw they weren’t the same 

This morning. 

@tford0219 this morning

Did you have fees deducted from your tax return? It seems like that might be the deciding factor.

Nope... no fees

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies