turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Badema

Program updates - download version 2019

If that suggestion is supposed to fix the web-link, it doesn't.

TT NEEDS TO GET BUSY ,, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS HAVE USED TT FOR WELL OVER 20 YEARS. AND ALL I HAVE SEEN IS CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DEALING WITH ISSUE HAVE BECOME A "JOKE" .. THAT ALSO GOES WITH QB PRO ACCOUNTING HAVE BEEN USING NOW SAME OVER 20 YEARS AND ITS NO DIFFERENT. SERVICE HAS DECLINED IMMENSELY .... SAD. BUT THERE IS A FIX.. ITS CALLED THE COMPETITION. 

SOME OF US AS MUCH AS WE HATE TO SWITCH IT WILL COME TO THIS IF THESE ISSUES ARE NOT RESOLVED AND INTUIT GETS BUSY.. 

ITS A MATTER OF TIME..

FIX YOUR ISSUES INTUIT

Regards, Customer Ric for more than 20 years.  this is not personal, its Business. Fix it or Lose It

Of course it does not fix the link. Nothing will ever fix the link. No one on this thread has an answer to the broken link issue.  As I noted in a previous post--give it up. Ignore the link. My suggestion was only for people who wanted to see what,if anything, changed in a previously prepared return.

If someone just wants to complain to TurboTax, this community is not the place as it is not monitored by real humans at Intuit.

Dear TT Customer support agents: I feel sorry for you that your company does not value you as individuals, nor respect the fact that you have to take the brunt of the comments that observe the visible & abject failure of your company to support user in the way that they are accustomed to be served by TT. 

Dear TT Manager that decided to post broken links that lead nowhere and frustrate your customers to the point of ACTIVELY seeking other products & providers: As it is certain that the originator of this decision and action can be discovered if your company chooses to,   I wish you all the success if finding employment with a new company.  Highly visible sacrifices and apologies are the only path to retain the customers that YOU have ignored now for weeks.  I have vacillated about posting, but YOU as an individual have met such a new low that I felt is necessary to remind YOU that "when YOU ignore your companies customers, they go away".

Dear TT Senior Management:  Get a clue, read the boards and take decisive action.  Otherwise I predict a >30% decline in your future business.  You can't cross sell any services if your basic product is of questionable value.  All the best explaining an inverted revenue curve to investors, analysts and your board. 

I just hit this same error.  How simple would it be to fix this?  May be time to look for a new tax program or worse yet, use a tax accountant.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! I HAVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM FOR 3 WEEKS! I STUPIDLY PURCHASED THE STATE UPLOAD ON MARCH 23 AND CAN'T USE IT. 

TT GET OFF YOUR DUFF AND FIX THIS!

YES!! I have been using for over 20 years as well!! Please tell us WHAT the updates were!!

LKR0

You missed the point of the question entirely.

The question dealt with the issue that once updates have been downloaded and installed, the link that is offered to provide more information specific to those updates takes you to a website that says that 'TurboTax Help has Moved ... click here'.  The request/suggestion was to fix the link in the update communication so that it takes you to the location where the details reside for the specific updates as even the "click here" link takes you to a generic Help webpage instead of the details about the specific updates that were just installed. 

LKR0

You're kidding, right? 

In 2020 we're being asked to call customer service for an explanation of the updates that were installed whereas for years the link has led directly to the details about the specific updates.  Is there a reason that the software, with respect to this function, can't behave as it has for several years so that we don't have to resort to 1990's helpdesk phone calls to get details about tax form updates from people who hired to fix IT issues and not provide information about tax form changes?

Actually, we're being asked to waste our time on a fool's errand.  Theses so-called customer service agents have no more information than the link in the update, nor can they find out any more information.  I know this because I've run this errand three times.  While two of the three agents were pleasant enough and tried without success to find any information, the third one informed me that any problems whatsoever were due to the IRS putting out bad information to Intuit.  When I suggested the possibility that an update could be needed because Intuit had made an error in coding the information, she repeated herself and hung up on me.

Intuit has clearly decided TurboTax customers are no more than cash cows and don't deserve to be treated as well as real cows are.

rakes5
Returning Member

I don't know if I will here anything, but I sent this to two of the local Chicago, TV station, consumer advocates. Maybe one of them will pick up the ball and run with this, and get some attention.

rakes5
Returning Member

Also today, when I did the update, it asked for my license code again, before allowing me to get the return I have been working on. I have the CD version, so I am supposed to be able to log into 5 devices. Hopefully this isn't something ongoing, so I run out of attempts.

This is NOT GOOD. I too have been a TT user for many years and to direct someone to phone in a query is absolutely not acceptable.  Get the link fixed!

GabiU
Level 15

Thank you for reaching out regarding our release notes, your feedback does not go unnoticed.

We are frequently updating our product to provide users with the best experience possible. To find out more details on updates to our product, please refer to the IRS Forms Availability and State Forms Availability FAQs.

For all other questions regarding the product, please search for Help Articlesstart a discussion, or reach out to social or phone support.

Again, we thank you all for your feedback and the community team has passed this information along to our colleagues. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same disappointed feeling here after all these blessed years..... I've updated 2 times now and still simple $3000 return done for my nephew is Fed & State rejected with something to do with Form 8615 "calculations." March 19th update was not available until March 20th. After updated still rejected. So just did another update but "More Detail" link for update details is dead link so have to file again to see if fixed since no way to find out what was updated. Was actually told on phone I could maybe go to state site and manually file (i.e. hand input data) since my State won't except printed returns.  Such a shame when something good goes bad. And always happens when company break rules 1 & 2. 1. The customer is always right 2. When the customer is not right refer to rule #1. Time to move to another parish. I've said a prayer for T2 management. Maybe someone's listening and can give us "more details."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies