turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Program updates - download version 2019

TurboTax will not take responsibility for anything! Even if they do, the maximum you can recover is the price you paid for the program. They say they will cover any interest & penalties, but why do I have a hard time believing that? Oh yeah, they don't respond to any direct requests for help.

LER001

The inability or outright unwillingness to resolve a problem by fixing the link to updated information underscores the concern for the program in whole.  Is there perhaps some other viable answer as to why so simple a task goes unresolved?

LER001

Most of us would likely be happy with this answer had the link at a minimum provided a simple overview of the changes contained in the update. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh Hey Intuit, remember when you used to own Quicken?

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-produ...

I'll save you a click:

Release Notes Release R25.18 (US Versions, Mar 2020)

Before you install this update, we recommend you perform a One Step Update to ensure that your data is synced to the cloud. You should also make a backup of your data file.

• Fixed: An issue in which bill payment reminders were being skipped.
  • Fixed: An issue that resulted in payment accounts no longer working when a user signed out and then signed in again with the same account.
  • Fixed: An issue in which the dashboard displayed an incorrect amount paid for some online bill payments.

TOTALLY AGREE ! This is unacceptable for any software provider to hide the details of the contents of program & forms updates. In free phone apps provide some level of update details. I was not thrilled with the level TT provided in the past, but it was better than nothing.

why has it become so hard to use the new program 

I hit the same isue. Been a long time user and what I see coming from their managment is shocking. I have no idea what the impact of update is about!

Expecially thta all it would take is for these "manager" to post a single link to the answers we are looking for? this now begs the question:  what are they trying to hide? may be a call to the CEO is in order. i hope he read this board!!

HUH!!!???? this is insane!! so yu guys dont even track your internal release notes? you beleive we will beleive this?

There is some indication that an Intuit employee occasionally looks at this but the only responses are pure boilerplate that don't actually address the issue.

no taxes recieved and u sent a bill 

@ronandchris wrote:

no taxes recieved and u sent a bill 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for payment of the account fees if the federal tax refund is delayed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS,

or to amend because a TurboTax update changes your return. You will discover this if

a) TurboTax notifies you

b) You open your return and the tax due/refund is different.

TaxACT also no longer posts revision notes.

I  just  wanted to know if this is a free service and I used the simple version,why did I get charged 160.00. to submit my ta es . I've emailed Intuit turbo tax and I get no answer.

So the question is: When can we safely file our returns?  TT keeps sending updates.  It is March 20th; time to stop.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies