turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Process to purchase TT Software to duplicate accountant tax submittal

I would like to copy my accountant's tax submittal on 2021 Turbotax to understand if I can do my own taxes.

What process do you recommend I follow and how can I buy only the 2021 tax software if my taxes were already submitted months ago?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download

At this point, you might want to consider a desktop version of TurboTax. The online versions will be shut down in another month or so.

You should note that you will have to enter all of the data manually as TurboTax will not accept a data transfer from a professional income tax preparation software program.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download

At this point, you might want to consider a desktop version of TurboTax. The online versions will be shut down in another month or so.

You should note that you will have to enter all of the data manually as TurboTax will not accept a data transfer from a professional income tax preparation software program.

2021 TURBOTAX

CD/DOWNLOAD (This requires a full PC or Mac—-cannot be used on a mobile device)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

You can also purchase the CD/download from various retailers such as Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Sam’s Club, etc. etc. etc.

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Buying the TurboTax software and preparing a tax return does not mean that you have to file the tax return. Just stop when it gets to the point of filing the return. Your trial tax return won't go anywhere.

You should use the  Desktop CD/Download program to fill out 2021.  You can even use the Forms mode to fill it out since you won't be filing it.  And you can buy a low version like Deluxe.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.   But I wouldn't buy Basic.  That doesn't include state and has some other limitations.  

If you get 2021 to match what your accountant filed then you will have the .tax2021 file to transfer into next year 2022 (either to the Online version or the Desktop program).  

I plan on entering all the data manually, but could I also hire a TurboTax consultant to support if I have any questions related how they acquired a number that's on a form?

@mcalpin1 wrote:

.....could I also hire a TurboTax consultant to support if I have any questions related how they acquired a number that's on a form?

That option would only be available with TurboTax Live or Full Service for which you would need to choose an online product.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies