Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

arip
Level 3

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

@DanielV01 i have. they dont have an answer.  i was 90% done with a heavily involved filing

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

@arip  Rest assured we wish to provide you quality assistance.  We have dealt with higher volume than usual in customer service.  However, this volume has been getting handled and should be more manageable.  And, since the IRS has announced that e-filing season will begin on February 12, we will assist you to get this worked out on time for you to file.  Thanks again for your patience.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I spent over an hour on the phone with a turbotax associate who did her best to assist me in this issue, with no resolution. She admitted she couldn't fix this issue and they were getting many calls. Prior to my call, I'd already cleared my cache and cookies, tried a different browser, rebooted my computer and tried connecting through a different network and a VPN.

I have completed 90% of my 2020 taxes, but now I cannot see my work. When will this be resolved?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

@doninla We are aware that some are having this experience.  At this point we have not received any updates, but we can assure you that we are looking diligently for a resolution.  Unfortunately, in this public forum we do not have access to anyone's account directly.  Although we have been experiencing higher volume than usual, only phone customer service is able to give you direct assistance.  If we encounter a workaround, we will make that available quickly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
arip
Level 3

Same problem for me. Hopefully they can figure this out soon. 

arip
Level 3

@DanielV01 @JeanneLO I have been on hold and disconnected several times waiting for tier2 support.  Please fix this or have someone contact me who can.  im sick of your product not working as it should. 

I was also escalated on the phone to tier 2. After waiting on hold for a while the phone line disconnected.

Anybody have any new insights on this? Hesitating before I spend another frustrating hour on the phone.

Still nothing. It's not my internet or my computer. I can log into my wifes turbo tax just fine. I even tried to download the app on my phone and even that gives me the same connection error message.

Unfortunate update:

Spent 3 and 1/2 hours on the phone this morning with 1:agent, 2:tier 2 support and 3: 'resolutions.' This was my 2nd long call. We did all the standard things: cache, browser, internet connection, firewall, popup blocker, even though I replicated the issue on multiple devices, multiple web connections and multiple OSs, and was able to log in to other accounts with no problem on the same device. I was offered a free download of turbotax 2020 (I was using online) and was shown how to download my 2019 data. Unfortunately, my entire problem was not being able to access the large amount of 2020 data (entered over 3-4 days) , and this was not resolved and the agent had no suggestions. The resolutions agent opened an IT investigation for my issue, but said that she has no idea if/when they will reach out to me. The download was a nice gesture, but I probably won't use turbotax unless I receive access to the 2020 data I've already entered, as I clearly don't trust the integrity of the Intuit platform holding my financial data at this point.

arip
Level 3

@doninla im having the same issues as you and also in CA. Curious what the complaint is supposed to achieve? 

Was this resolved for anyone? According to a post (link below) by turbo tax, it was supposed to be resolved by 01/29/21 but I am still getting the error.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/oops-it-appears-there-was-a-drop-in-our-connection...

Nope. No resolution here.

I'm still getting the error as well. In CA

arip
Level 3

OOP tells me its only people in california experiencing this, and they still are working on it. no anticipated date yet on fix. (originally scheduled for this past friday) 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies