turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

I am getting this error in Texas as well. 

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

Still getting error in CA. OOP said next 'projected update' will be 2/12.

I think what is happening is the system was not fully complete prior to it being opened up for 2020 filings. Of course the IRS will not begin accepting e-file until middle of February. I had fully completed my 2020 taxes, and got to the end where it said there were several forms that were not available from the IRS just yet, and when they were finalized and available, I would be able to file my taxes. It gave me the option to "pay today, and lock in my price." Didn't do that. Couple of days later, realized I had entered some inaccurate information. Tried to login, and it would through the "oops" error. Looked online, and said it was to be resolved by 1/29/2021. Logged in that day, and could make my update. Tried again yesterday (and today), only to have the "oops" error rear it's ugly head.

Throughout my process, there were several issues. (For one, asking me to verify the address of my solar equipment install, when I don't have solar, nor did I indicate that I had solar.) So, I don't think it's ready for primetime. Issues with TurboTax itself, and issues with last-minute changes that the IRS is making to forms.

Since nobody has posted the FAQ for this, here it is.  It says it is planned to be fixed by 1/29 but I don't think it has or it would say RESOLVED 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/oops-it-appears-there-was-a-drop-in-our-connection... 

Same issue, can’t access my account. I was almost done, this is very annoying. How in the world they haven’t fixed this old problem, where’s the IT dept? Since I can’t access my account I’m gonna have to use a diff company.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the FAQ here for updates and further assistance.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It would be nice if it didn't say "SOLVED" two days ago, when it's NOT solved.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@progravix As stated in this link, this issue is currently being worked on.

Exactly! It shouldn’t say “SOLVED” that’s misleading and makes IT looks very incompetent, or are they? I wonder if CEO Mr. Goodarzi is aware of this, I can’t believe Intuit is a $100 billion company but they haven’t been able to fix this in over 1 year, what type of team do they have. Shame!!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The solved is on there, however it is not a solved issue. That means it is a reported issue, and the team is working on resolving it. 

I would suggest signing up to receive an email so once it is resolved, we will be able to reach out to you by email. 

arip
Level 3

praise the lord i think its working! 

Not on my end, It’s been a week and I’m still getting the same error message. This is ridiculous!

arip
Level 3

Hang in there. It has been a month for me. 

Yahoo- turbotax online is now working for me and I can see the 2020 work I did in December. Its been 4 weeks since I first noticed the problem. Good luck folks.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is aware of this and are working on working through this issue. Please click here  for more details as well as the ability to sign up for updates on the issue. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies