Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Not Able to Import Form 1099 from Citi Personal Wealth Management (Pershing LLC) into TT

Have you given the access within your Citi account to Intuit/Turbo Tax? @abba123 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
abba123

Not Able to Import Form 1099 from Citi Personal Wealth Management (Pershing LLC) into TT

Yes, but Citibank does not require such access approval. 

This is a real bug in Turbotax PC Desktop/CD install edition.

I wish they would treat this as a serious issue and investigate it

The Import feature does NOT WORK with regular Citibank accounts on citi.com

There seems to be a bug in the Turbotax Import code which cannot handle the newer security flows on citi.com website.

I can login to the website on a web browser Online Banking, Mortgages, Personal Loans, Investing | Citi.com but the same credentials don't work with Turbotax import function.

I have also tried this procedure/step:

On your browser, first Iogin to Citi.com. After you've logged in, go to Profiles, click More Settings.

Now you will see a "Security" section the center column. Click on Manage Desktop Apps. Click on the blue button on the bottom of the page, "Allow Access". Now, a "Timer" for 10 minutes will start. 

You have to go back to Turbotax Desktop/PC app and try the Import procedure all within the 10 minutes.

I believe this is the mechanism Turbotax is using for Citi.com accounts.

However, like I said, its still NOT WORKING.

I have successfully Imported 4 other Broker accounts/Vendors but it just doesn't work for Citi.com

Turbotax devs, pls fix this Citi.com Import bug!

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you.

@citibank-import-not-working 

any update in 2024? 

I tried to "Manage Desktop Apps" on citi.com this year, but it still didn't work.  The Citi person I talked to said there are many who have the same issue.  

RRNYC

I have the same issue. My wealth manager thinks it should be fixed by the end of this week (03/08/24.) 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, try importing using a different browser.

See the following TurboTax Help articles for potential fixes:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I figured out my situation. I usually login via citi.com because I also have a bank account with Citi. I registered a new login at https://investments.citi.com/pwm and I was able to import on TurboTax using that login. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies