Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Ai3
Returning Member

My stimulus check was sent to a closed account. This was not the account I used for my current file.

If I don’t have my money tomorrow I will never use TurboTax again and I’m sure everybody else who has this problem will feel the same way why give me an email for days ago saying it’s going to be posted today then the IRS say it’s going to be posted today and then it’s not posted today andAnd then sometimes you say my car doesn’t even exist or is canceled or something dang guys

AmyC
Expert Alumni

My stimulus check was sent to a closed account. This was not the account I used for my current file.

@Ai3  Turbo Tax is not a part of any money related to tax returns. Once the IRS gives the money to SBTPG, they have to assign it to your card. It is my understanding that can take 1-2 days but we are not part of the process. Please contact SBPTG/Green Dot at 888-285-4169 with your questions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ai3
Returning Member

irs. its in closed acct.turbo said its in acct.but acct closed

Ai3
Returning Member

i have card and can log in ,were is it im sueing

Ai3
Returning Member

have e mail 4th 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

We are happy to share that stimulus payments for those impacted by an IRS error will begin to be deposited starting January 8th. We expect most payments to be available that day, but your bank could take a few business days to process.  Your payment will be deposited into the same bank account where you received your 2019 tax refund.  

If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information and they are working to send your payment within days.  Keep checking your account.

We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

We appreciate your patience as these payments are processed. This update may not immediately be reflected in the IRS Get My Payment tool.

Please check back here for the most up-to-date information on stimulus payments.   @Ai3

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

stimulas check went to closed account

@Bertoldo123 If it went to a closed account it will go back to the IRS and then the IRS will mail a check to the address on your most recently processed tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies