Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Attend our Ask the Experts event about Extension Filers on Sept 25! >> RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mojave OS for Apple computers is required for 2020. Thousands of 2011 Apple computers will be unable to run TurboTax. Is there a way to let Intuit know of that problem?

If you do not want to upgrade to a newer operating system that supports the 2021 desktop software your option would be to use online software instead.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Mojave OS for Apple computers is required for 2020. Thousands of 2011 Apple computers will be unable to run TurboTax. Is there a way to let Intuit know of that problem?

My Apple 2011  11 will not allow me to file my taxes on this application. Can I change to the laptop, please?

@henrettamcobb   Are you trying to install the Desktop CD/Download program?  Yes you can install it on 5 computers. If you bought the CD you can download it instead.

How to download Turbo Tax if you can't use the CD

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

What system is your laptop?  

Mac System Requirements

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

i try to install the turbotax equally as other people my mac needs an upgrade the hardware is not able to accept. therefore please return the money i pay at Costco. my version is the premier .

Why are you expecting a refund from TT if you purchased the software at Costco?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Totally agree with this comment. I've been using TT for a long long time. Not anymore. I don't want to use the online option so H&R Block software here I come. They still support Catalina 10.15 and up and I'm not going to buy a new Mac just to use TT. Goodbye TT.

Even if H&R Block will support Catalina for the 2022 return they will not for the 2023 tax year ... they are always just one tax year behing TT.     So at best you will only push the inevitable down the road for one more tax year. 

How do you know H&R Block won't be supporting Catalina for 2023? If I'm H&R and getting new customers from TT because of lack of support for Catalina, I would continue supporting it because there are a significant number of MAC users that won't be buying a new computer anytime soon.

1)  because Apple will no longer support it

2)  history ... just  look at the prior year system requirements ... they keep up with the MAC systems available ... always has just like TT ... sometimes they are a year ahead of TT and sometimes one year behind

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies