Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Mac keychain password to access turbotax 2022

This is clearly a bug in the 2022 software.  There is NO TIME to take the steps Intuit Critter 3 offers to correct the problem before the pop-up once again halts all actions in the application.  Fess up and offer a software patch.  Otherwise, 2022 is unusable unless one loads it onto another computer that does not have 2021 on it and then look to re-enter all of the data that is relevant from 2021 by hand into this different computer!

GAL7
Level 2

What I have found with community questions where people offer multiple DIFFERENT solutions as workarounds there is typically a bug in the product.  

richtben
Returning Member

It sure seem like a bug.  If one selects the obviously correct option, they are immediately in trouble.  The answer that I gave is what worked for me.  

is315659

cx is typing in keychain but its not woeking

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you. 

@is315659 

I have contacted TT help and you guys had no clue how to resolve this problem. In fact the person I spoke with had no idea what I was trying to tell him.   Instead of telling us to call you, how about updating the software to fix this issue or at least fess up to this bug and let us know what is going on.  

I tried advice below after being reduced to tears with frustration because no password worked, couldn't access the password in keychain, had to keep force quitting TurboTax, couldn't get rid of the pop-up, thought I was losing my mind...

Here's what worked.

Search for keychain on Mac

Once there, search for Intuit keychains

DELETE the one or two Intuit keychain permissions/paths/whatever this garbage is

Now Turbo Tax is able to import again. What a colossal waste of a day this was.

Oh, and I was forced to create an ID to post this. And obscenities weren't permitted.

Good luck with this fun bug, everyone!

agree i am in the same place-tech support had no idea how to help other than to START ALL OVER AGAIN WHICH US BS obviously this is more than one person affected. wtf this happened last yr too and i had to START OVER FROM SCRatch and hope i could complete everything before the pw error showed up again seriously WTF TT!?????

THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER THAT REBBESHLOMO SAID!   The whole way across the board...

EVERYTHING !!!     • Colossal waste of time     • Deleting old intuit/turbotax passwords  • Creating a password to post   • No obscenities (though you desperately want to use them)

Only thing I would add is that if you have TurboTax running when you nix previous keychain passwords, you will need to quit (or more likely deny, deny, deny, quit) then restart TurboTax and you can access the file menu.

Well it worked for me once. Back to the keychain nonsense.  Some poster commented that the cmd+s and  the cmd+o worked. it's a pain but will get you through.  Kinda late in the tax season for this to still be happening. Pitiful.

chronicle

What worked for me is to go into keychain access find the name intuit...that matches what the error message that pops up and delete it. The log into your online intuit turbotax account and input your login information.  

TT FIX THIS WHAT THE HECK?!!!!!

GAL7
Level 2

I feel your pain! This is the first year in over a decade with problems with Turbotax desktop.  Last year I had been plagued with problems on the Quickbooks online side for hours and hours - 80hrs to be exact - with the support departments.  Intuit, if you can put money into the Super Bowl put the money where you can train your support and your IT teams. 

What I found for Turbotax 2022 Desktop on Mac was that

1. restart computer

2. start turbotax

3. Retry import of Schwab data

4. When the request for the Inuit Id showed up, gave no password, selected "Always Allow"

5. Got an Inuit web site log in pop up.

6. Used my Intuit web site credentials there.

7. Now the desktop app is authenticated with Intuit and can access Schwab.

Mysteriously could not log in via any menu selection. 

hi is there any way u might be able to post screenshots? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies