Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

Really appreciate the change in direction. 

I was SHOCKED when I first read that ItsDeductible was being considered for discontinuation.

I have used TurboTax for years as well as ItsDeductible.  Do to recent changes in my financial status I have had to use both TurboTax as well as an accounting firm to do my last 4 year taxes.  I purchase and use TurboTax for family members, which I do their taxes ... BUT I need ItsDeductible to prepare theirs and my donations for both Turbo Tax and the accountants.  

I have found ItsDeductible invaluable in preparing my taxes.  Please, do not do away with it.  ItsDeductible has been a mainstay in preparing my taxes for so many years, even before Intuit added it to TurboTax.

TAX-WA-KD

Honestly, ItsDeductible is WHY is stay with TurboTax.  If it goes away, I will start shopping for other tax services.

Maybe you should add tack-on fee when it is uploaded to TurboTax, if the cost of the service is the problem.

I have been using this service for years and truly value the estimates it provides.  

Please "Find-a-Way" to keep this valuable service.

nfdiver
Returning Member

Why isn't it working then. I've tried all week. Trying to get my taxes in California done. 

Hmm, I was able to log in. I had to enter a confirmation text code however.

FYI - in case you haven't heard,  Turbo Tax reconsidered and It's Deductible is NOT being discontinued. See Important note at the top
https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/login-password/export-data-itsdeductible...

Just tried it…working for me.

You didn't mention if you've used It's Deductible in the past.  If not, you must set up an account in the program.   https://itsdeductibleonline.intuit.com/    I have been able to log in to my account without problems and it's working fine.  Just used it today.  Once you put your info into it's Deductible it will be available to TT.  When you get to deductions in TT, it will eventually ask if you want to import from it's Deductible.  Also, I noticed in this message thread that there is another link for how to use it's deductible.  Look thru the thread to find it.  Sorry I'm not more help.  

Also, something new, I did have to enter a confirmation code which was texted to my phone during my login today.  Like 2-factor identification.

nfdiver
Returning Member

It hasn't been working in TurboTax this week at all. Even had agents look into it and they told me it's not working.  Ven found reports on it. I've been using it in turbo tax for years. So without their help I found the direct site to its deductible and got that working and in a round about way got it into my taxes today. 

Glad to hear. Sounds like the issue was importing the data which you got working. Hope you're getting a refund after all this. 🙂

nfdiver
Returning Member

Actually if you click on the page where you start adding items it Grey's out and locks up the screen. TurboTax locks up and you have to hit back. So it didn't work at all in TurboTax. Yes. Thank God I have some coming back after this. More if I could get home office deductions but the old gov stopped that. 😔 

Sounds like you're trying to use ItsDeductible while you are already inside TurboTax! I entered all my 2023 contributions by starting out at ItsDeductible (not after opening TT) the way I've done it successfully for years. You don't really try to import ID's data into TT until after you've entered in  everything for the tax year. I'm  guessing the greying-out problem you're having is because you're trying to enter ID from the TT side. Think if ItsDeductible as an electronic ledger book. Once you've filled up the ledger book and checked it for accuracy, you "dump" (import) it into Turbotax.

This may also be helpful:

How do I export my data from ItsDeductible?

SOLVEDby TurboTax688Updated January 13, 2023

Important: Intuit has decided not to discontinue ItsDeductible and will continue to support the tool. Your account and data will continue to be available without interruption. If you are an ItsDeductible user, you should have received a notification of this change on or about July 5, 2022.

Follow these steps to export and save your ItsDeductible data.

1. Sign in to your ItsDeductible account here
  2. Select the tax year you want to save
  3. Select View Summaries
  4. Select PDF next to the data you want to save
  5. Repeat steps 2–4 for all other tax years you’d like to save

We recommend keeping all tax return data for the last three years for your tax records.

This is a terrible solution for those of us who has used It's Deductible for years.  NOW I have to download a PDF and manually enter all of my charitable donations and I have a LOT of them.  I used to just be able to got to the charity section of Turbo Tax and hit "import from It's Deductible".  That was MUCH easier and eliminated typos. This not what I call supporting your product.  Please fix this for the 2023 tax year. It's the main reason I use Turbo Tax instead of one of your competitors.

It was reinstated for 2023.  We are all happy customers now.  We felt the same way as you did.  I hope they keep it. They need to advertise it more because a lot of people don't know about it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies