Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It seems turbo tax won't let me go back and change something that I need to change. So I won't be using this site next year. And will not recommend it to anyone

I agree— this product is not working correctly.  It would not let me print and review to doublecheck the numbers.  I forgot one of the 1099DIV forms.  Now I have an incorrect printout (I chose to mail in return). DO NOT WANT TO PAY ANOTHER $35 to fix the thing

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems turbo tax won't let me go back and change something that I need to change. So I won't be using this site next year. And will not recommend it to anyone

@muttersteuer See our FAQ on troubleshooting printer errors. If this doesn't help resolve things for you, let us know the exact issue you are having so we can better assist.

I've used Turbo Tax for as long as I can remember.  Always been able to go back and check numbers or back and changes if I happen to forget something.

They've changed this year.  You can only use Turbo Tax ONCE and ONLY ONCE.

I will never use Turbo Tax again.  I've paid top dollar for a program that doesn't allow me access to my own information.  This is totally unacceptable.

@sromasanta wrote:

I've used Turbo Tax for as long as I can remember.  Always been able to go back and check numbers or back and changes if I happen to forget something.

They've changed this year.  You can only use Turbo Tax ONCE and ONLY ONCE.

I will never use Turbo Tax again.  I've paid top dollar for a program that doesn't allow me access to my own information.  This is totally unacceptable.

If you have NOT filed the 2020 tax return -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return to make any changes needed before filing the tax return.

It has not changed.  You can alway go back.  Are you using the Online version?  Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.   Or what problem are you having?  

Online is only good for 1 return per account.  But you can reopen it to check or change.

Hi! I need to change my residency information in my tax return for 2019. I cannot receive the climate change incentive unless I correct my information. Please help me with how I can edit that. 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Other than filling your 2020 tax return, there is no way to change your information for your stimulus check. The payment will be based on the information from your latest tax return and will go to the bank account or address the IRS has on file for you.

The IRS has not provided information yet on how they will handle payments rejected by a bank.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Does this mean I won't get my climate change incentive during 2019 due to my incorrect information provided for my 2019 tax return? or should I make a call to CRA?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Please provide more details for your question.  Seems like it is unrelated to the Stimulus Check Issue in this thread.  So what is your question.  We are eager to help you so contact us again, please.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry! I got confused. I thought an agent replied to my question. I hope to inquire about not being able to edit out miscorrect information on my personal information in TurboTax. For my 2019 tax return, I am qualified to receive a climate change incentive. However, I answered yes to changing my residency which I did not. I don't know how will I still get that, should I call cra or I could change this information?

Thanks!

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

There is a  Climate Action Incentive in Canada, but not the United States. IF you are filing in Canada, please ask the question in their community here: TurboTax Help - Canada

You will need to use 2019 tax rules to claim this credit, since the rules are updated annually.

@Abigail13

Oh! I didn't realize I'm in the USA community. Dang, thank you!

This is not working for me. TURBOTAX is not allowing me to edit my return. Please advise.

@Suze8777 wrote:

This is not working for me. TURBOTAX is not allowing me to edit my return. Please advise.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return to make any changes before the tax return is filed.

Thanks for your help, but still not working. I'm pretty tech savvy, and so far I'm finding this program not easy. I'm not impressed.

Any other suggestions?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies