turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kclxss
Returning Member

Is there a fix for 1099-nec not linking to schedule C? The instructions I found on turbotax do not work.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Is there a fix for 1099-nec not linking to schedule C? The instructions I found on turbotax do not work.

Delete the 1099 form from where you entered it and then go to the schedule C entry screens and enter the income there. This automatically links it to the schedule see.

kclxss
Returning Member

Thanks. That is what I have done several times. It isn't working. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried something different that worked. 

@kclxss wrote:

Thanks. That is what I have done several times. It isn't working. I was just wondering if anyone else had tried something different that worked. 

If you received a 1099-NEC that's related to self-employed income, you'll need to enter that info under 'Self-Employment' in the Income section

You do have the option in the schedule C section to enter the income in the other income section and skip entering it as a 1099 NEC all together. The IRS gets one total of income on the schedule C so how it’s entered in the TurboTax program is irrelevant.

kclxss
Returning Member

DoninGA, Yes, that's what I've been doing.

kclxss
Returning Member

Critter-3, Yes, I might do that since I do not want to start all over on another service. 

@kclxss wrote:

DoninGA, Yes, that's what I've been doing.

That's odd.  I just entered income on a 1099-NEC in the Self-employment Common Income section and it flowed directly to the Schedule C.  Also, entered Other self-employed income as Cash and it also flowed directly to the Schedule C.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies