turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gw55

Is our situation part of the TurboTax stimulus glitch?

In 2018, we bought a TurboTax disc at Costco, did our taxes, and paid what we owed thru TurboTax via a direct debit from our checking account.  Yet, when we go to the "Get Payment" IRS website, we get the message "Payment Status not Available."  We do not fall into any of the categories of why we should be seeing this message.  No stimulus payment has come into our checking account.  Can anyone explain why we are in this state of limbo? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Probably because it was a direct debit and not a direct deposit.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
gw55

Thanks for the reply macuser, but it doesn't explain why the IRS site doesn't recognize us as taxpayers who are due stimulus checks.  I'm wondering if there is a subset of TurboTax filers who have just fallen through the cracks? Appears to be no way to find out at this point, as the IRS site doesn't even recognize us. 

The IRS site does not work for me either and I received my refund by direct deposit to my personal bank account a month ago.  

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies