Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

For me, after I deleted the ghost 7206's I went back into interview mode and e-filed directly without going back into the section that updates Sch C or K1.   That worked for me .... I think Deborahwrites1 mentions in one of her posts that she just kept repeating until finally it didn't repopulate.   This is the root-cause of the TT error ...  and within their code generation, it probably depends on what boxes are checked with respect to your individual tax situation on how those ghost forms are being created.   What I've seen is for the federal filing, you can try e-filing your taxes as many times as you want and there is no issue caused by that (one person tried over 30 times according to their post)... I tried probably a dozen times.   I know some states do charge every time you try to file, so you may want to check the box that says you'll e-file state later just to verify it works with the IRS... if you get the IRS working, the state will work too.   This is so frustrating, and TT is absolutely no help...  if I understand it right, the actual TT employees are not even monitoring this community site... the 'tax experts' are paid TT contractors that only know and try answering tax questions and they have no TT software experience and it seems they don't even communicate directly with TT.   After over 20 years of using TT, I just don't know if I'll use them again next year.... someone else said in a post that TT is trying to get everyone off the desktop version onto their on-line version, so their desktop support has really degraded - which I'm sure is just a claw into TT trying to make you sign up for all their 'extras'.   Good luck!

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Thanks for taking the time for writing your response.  That's pretty much what I've been doing.  I think you're on to something though that it may depend on what boxes are checked in response to various questions in Easy Step.  TT may think the ghost form is needed based on my responses.  In a small defense of TT, their Tax Form Availability chart online does say that form 7206 is unsupported in the Desktop version (it is supported in the online version).  Of course, this being the first year for form 7206, there's no way to know if it's needed until you buy TT and prepare your return.

In my case, I selected to efile for 2 states during the filing process as well, at which time I had to pay $25 for each, only to find they were rejected.  And yes, the card has already been charged, despite the rejection.  I've applied for a refund with TT, but I'm not holding my breath.

I too will consider other options next year, probably including the online version.  Is there a downside to the online version aside from it being in the cloud and that can be perceived as a security risk?  Thanks Again.

Good detailed post. Maybe this helps others. Mine did not repopulate since I do not use Form F. My guess is that it will repopulate into legitimate schedules, blocking the flow efile, so maybe there is an issue of immediacy … meaning that you delete the ghost and efile without any action. Not sure, but that might be the only hope for those who have a duplicate 7206 attached to a legit form.

I think that (security) is my biggest concern with using the cloud ... to me,  the cloud's protection is only as good as the parent company doing the protection, and I could just see TT joining the ranks of so many others from banks to phone companies with their 'apology that they have been hacked and all of your information is now on the black-web'... but then again, I think that train has left the station with just about everything else that you have being on-line that it is probably 'dumb' for me not to just join the ranks of all the other on-line users for tax preparation.    But given this situation I've experienced with TT on this Form 7206 (and I do hear you that it is a new form ... but to me, this is TT's business ... and if I owned this multi-million dollar operation I would be on it no matter what the IRS hands me) so if TT does get hacked do I really trust their programmers to build firewalls / understand what has happened quick enough to stop the hack / protect my data?  Oh well, that's a battle for another day - I do hope the best for you as it counts down to April 15th and that you aren't in the post office lines tomorrow.   

Couldn't agree more with your entire post.  I'll probably give efile  one more try, but I imagine I'll be at the local PO tomorrow!

Reply to dbcyclist1957 and ashland_marsh-fr:

Unlike your experiences, my ghost form 7206 didn't repopulate with zeros, so I was able to submit.  Sorry.    My other 7206 wouldn't go away, despite the rules quoted by Turbotax support (in this thread) saying they weren't required, but fortunately my return *was* accepted, even though it had a 7206 form attached.   I just don't understand the logic or the coding for why these ghost forms are generated and why they can't be deleted, sorry.  

I have no ghost forms. Just one legit 7206.  Still rejecting.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update concerning customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return. The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline.

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206:Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

To proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return. Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists.

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again. If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return.

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)? (edited)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Double check by searching form 7206 and then trying to open each instance. If it asks to creat a new form, skip to the next. Keep the form that’s associated with your legitimate business where you want it to be connected. If you find a second form while doing this, delete it. You then might try to immediately e-file.

If that still doesn’t work, my guess is that it’s regenerating another ghost form. The only thing I could think that might fix it is going back into the interview into that section and checking the responses to make sure there’s no indication of self-employed health insurance for that particular business. Then repeat.

Thanks.  At this point I'm going to print and file by mail.  I think you're right that there's something in the Easy Step questionnaire that is causing TT to recreate the ghost form 7206 even though it's technically meaningless.  In fact, I did print a filing draft and the ghost 7206 is not included in the printed output.  Thanks for all your responses though!

@BMAbrahams 

ashland_marsh-fr

Level 3

If anyone is still trying to e-file before giving up and  mailing their forms in, you must follow Deborahwrites1 advice to the letter... if you are just looking at your own forms list, that won't work.  You will not see the ghost forms that may be present.  You must search for Form 7206... if you are not searching specifically for  Form 7206, then you won't find the 'ghost' forms that may be in your file if your like many of us.   Once you delete the ghost forms which won't affect your taxes, then it will be accepted by the IRS.   This should be an 'easy' fix for any competent programmer....remove ghost forms that are not needed..... so it's obvious that the TT programmers are just done with doing any more updates on this in time for April 15th.      Good luck!   Here's the link to Deborahwrites1's information, and I copied it also in case the link is broken (but just search and you'll find it on many threads)     (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-is-anyone-else-getting-the-code-r0000-058-01-r...

1. Switch from EasyStep to Forms.
  2. Click Open Form.
  3. Search for Form 7206.
  4. I had 5 listed in the results. I clicked on each one. 3 were nothing and ask you to select an existing Form 7206. 1 was associated with my K-1, and 1 was associated with my Schedule C. I deleted the 1 associated with Schedule C and kept the one associated with the K-1. (Two things to note: My 7206 has no relevance, so deleting it wouldn't affect bottom line. 2. After trying to delete it multiple times. It would immediately repopulate.) *If you have a K-1 that is necessary, make sure you don't have another that you should delete.

I too am getting this code.  I have tried all of the work-arounds that I can find online and none have been successful.  I could have done the return by hand 5 times over in the time that I have wasted on this.  After 25 years of Turbo Tax, I am done.  I have wasted money on this software and have paid to efile my return.  Who do I contact for a refund?

I am in the same boat. Just trying filing yet again. This year TT is much worse than in prior years. Seems like the desktop product is not a baked as usual. This 7206 problem should be easy to fix in a few hours and roll out an updated release.

Here's the site I used to request a refund.  I did it a couple days ago after having paid to efile for 2 states, but then learning I couldn't due to the rejections.  Haven't heard anything back yet other than a confirmation email.  Good luck.

https://accounts.intuit.com/app/oirr/directsearch

I tried all the suggestions in this thread.  Plus I had TT help me by phone yesterday for over an hour.  Nothing worked.  So, I stood in line at the Post Office this morning and mailed my printed return.  I am really disappointed with TurboTax.  I have used them for years, but they really screwed up this year.  Very unhappy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies