Get your taxes done using TurboTax

Thanks for taking the time for writing your response.  That's pretty much what I've been doing.  I think you're on to something though that it may depend on what boxes are checked in response to various questions in Easy Step.  TT may think the ghost form is needed based on my responses.  In a small defense of TT, their Tax Form Availability chart online does say that form 7206 is unsupported in the Desktop version (it is supported in the online version).  Of course, this being the first year for form 7206, there's no way to know if it's needed until you buy TT and prepare your return.

In my case, I selected to efile for 2 states during the filing process as well, at which time I had to pay $25 for each, only to find they were rejected.  And yes, the card has already been charged, despite the rejection.  I've applied for a refund with TT, but I'm not holding my breath.

I too will consider other options next year, probably including the online version.  Is there a downside to the online version aside from it being in the cloud and that can be perceived as a security risk?  Thanks Again.