Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Says it cannot find the order number associated with the State e-file charge.

Is anyone else getting the code R0000-058-01 rejected return? I thought it was supposed to be resolved today?

Resubmitted by deleting form 7206 but it still got rejected. Took a little longer, about 12 hours, but still same rejection error R0000-058-01 An xml document.....etc.  TT needs to fix this asap as it has known about it for over a month! Refunds to all who have this problem, especially those who paid extra for the state efiling!

Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that you cannot simply "delete" the form.  If you put in any data via easy step, the form will simply be regenerated.

Hopefully the following workaround will help folks:

You need to go back though Easy Step and remove all the data that caused 7206 to generate in the first place.  Once I did that, confirmed that 7206 was gone, and resubmitted, my return was accepted.

To be clear, this is just a "lesser of two evils" outcome because in removing the data necessary for 7206 to be deleted, I also removed a valid deduction I was entitled to claim.  I do not have enough data to conclude it was entirely Intuit's fault since the IRS was changing forms well into tax seasons.  Perhaps an official Intuit rep can comment.  

That said, Intuit is clearly the largest name in Tax prep, and even if it was an IRS error, I believe they could have done a far better job at both communication and issue resolution.

I'll be exploring the possibility of amending my return, but currently that also does not seem to be calculating correctly within TT so will have to place another call to TT support.  

@carmine711 : 

Issue hasn't been resolved in 3/28's update and unlikely to be resolved by Apr.15

Need to mail the forms.

Refer:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-efile-rejected-with-code-r0000-058-01-this-app...

cneumann

I also just tried to resubmit and still get rejected after the 3/28 update. While TurboTax obviously saves time with preparing the return, the e-filing feature is a very important reason I chose TurboTax. I understand that HR Block has the same issue, but my business accountant says he has no  issues with their software, so obviously not an IRS issue.

Continuing to make date promises is unacceptable. Is it going to be fixed or not?? Every day is one more day I wait for my refund, and mailing the return adds weeks

I am using TT for home and business on Mac and am getting this message, twice now.

any fix for this yet? I am getting the message twice now.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The development team has given us an update with regard to customers who are receiving the Reject Code R0000-058-01 when trying to electronically file your return.  The resolution to this situation is taking longer than expected and it may not be resolved before the tax filing deadline. 

For reference, this information is from the IRS Instructions for Form 7206

Generally, you can use the worksheet in the Form 1040 instructions to figure your deduction. However, if any of the following apply, you must use Form 7206.

• You had more than one source of income subject to self-employment tax.
  • You file Form 2555.
  • You are using amounts paid for qualified long-term care insurance to figure the deduction.

In order to proceed and get your return filed in a timely manner, please follow this advice:

1 - If you are required to include Form 7206 as a part of your tax return based on the information above, then you need to print and mail your return.  Electronic filing will not be an option if the reject code persists. 

2 - If you are not required to include Form 7206 as part of your tax return, then you can attempt to delete the Form 7206 and try electronically filing your return once again.  If the form cannot be deleted or you still get the reject code, then you need to print and mail your return. 

Use the steps in the following TurboTax help articles to delete Form 7206:

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

How do I delete a tax form in TurboTax Desktop (Windows or Mac)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Correction to prior post. deleting 7206 and resubmitting still got rejected though it took longer.  Turbo tax needs to fix and give refund

I deleted the information for the self employed health insurance and deleted the 7206.  That change reduced my refund by $1630.  Just to be sure I reentered the info and tried to submit today hoping maybe some of the updates might have worked.  No dice. Decided to take the risk and mail in my return.  I also submitted a request to TT for a refund explaining the situation and my frustration with not being able to electronically submit my complicated return.  The refund hit my account yesterday with no acknowledgement from TT.  I will be interested to hear if this ever gets fixed before next year and start talking to H&RB. Good luck.

kb1937, how long did it take for them to refund you?  I submitted a claim last week and have not heard or seen any money come  back?  

I ended up filing by mail as I did not want to play this game of chicken any longer with only 2 weeks left to file.  Said it many times before, what a disastrous mess this all is/was.

I think it was about a week.  I expected there to be some dialog about it but there wasnt so that was a good thing. 

Mine too!

R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file.

Can't figure out which attachment this would be?

POSSIBLE SOLUTION! 😀

My Federal Tax return was rejected earlier this evening with the same error code. "R0000-058-01 - An XML document that represents a binary attachment must have a valid reference to an attached file." After researching questions and answers, I have since "fixed" the error, resubmitted, and just received notice that my Federal Tax return was accepted.

Here's what I did:

1. Switch from EasyStep to Forms.

2. Click Open Form.

3. Search for Form 7206.

4. I had 5 listed in the results. I clicked on each one. 3 were nothing and ask you to select an existing Form 7206. 1 was associated with my K-1, and 1 was associated with my Schedule C. I deleted the 1 associated with Schedule C and kept the one associated with the K-1. (Two things to note: My 7206 has no relevance, so deleting it wouldn't affect bottom line. 2. After trying to delete it multiple times. It would immediately repopulate.) *If you have a K-1 that is necessary, make sure you don't have another that you should delete.

5. After searching a second time for Form 7206, I verified that there was only the 1 Form 7206 associated with my K-1 in my return. My guess is that it will be rejected if you have 2 Form 7206's.

6. I saved. Resubmitted Federal. Received acceptance. Then submitted State Return after confirming acceptance.

Give me a thumbs up if this works for anyone!

I just filed today (04/03/2024) and filing was rejected with code R0000-058-01. The link you provide to be able to provide my email address is bad. I get the following message when clicking the link:

We're sorry, we can't find the page you requested.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies