turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone dealing with an Illinois state rejection with codes IL1040-8100-1 and IL1040-10000-1?

I ended up getting it figured out. When you get to the screen that asks you if you filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019, click the box that says "I don't have my AGI from those tax years." It will take you to a screen that will ask for either your IL PIN or your driver's license. You can find your IL PIN by going to this website: https://mytax.illinois.gov/_/#1

On that site, enter your social security number and then in the next field, click "Look up my IL PIN." It'll ask for your driver's license number and then just give you your PIN.

You may be able to avoid all that by just entering your Driver's license number when it asks for either one (on the Turbotax site), but I found it odd that the driver's license would work since I'd just entered it in a few screens before.

Anyhow, using the IL PIN worked because I just refiled and got a text saying IL approved my return.

Is anyone dealing with an Illinois state rejection with codes IL1040-8100-1 and IL1040-10000-1?

Exactly the same for me. Today I renewed my expired Liscence and will try that. 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Yes. Please use the information from your most recent license. 

If you get the reject again, please comment below and we can assist you further. 

@Buttsteak

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@LenaH  I have entered license # 3 times and keep getting rejected. My son is 17 and this is first time to file so he can’t get a PIN # according to the site. Please let me know what we can do to fix this error 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@ashleyflan, please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance with the Illinois state rejection:

IL Tax Return Rejection Code IL1040-8000

Timfry

It took me 5 submissions but got it to submit with NO reference to AGI. I assume that since TurboTax requires a period at the end of the entry that Illinois is rejecting it. I tried without the period, I tried with 00 after the period, I tried to remove the comma—TurboTax kept putting the period and comma in. Illinois kept rejecting both secondary and primary taxpayers but finally got it to work with only driver’s license. 

You have to click that while you do have an AGI that you do not want to use it. Then it will offer you the ability to put in the driver’s license. But the AGI does not work—and it is definitely on the TurboTax/Illinois interaction (likely, as I noted, from forced commas or the period at the end of the box that kept being forced into it). But a bit of speculation so TurboTax can fix, or if faulty Illinois database, they can tell folks not to use the AGI to sign, and instead just driver’s license.

outsoo

What do I do if I do not have an IL PIN, IL Drivers License, or IL State ID? I am originally from out-of-state. I keep getting my return rejected.

@outsoo IL is very picky and requires that you enter a DL or state ID in order to e-file.  If you do not have either one, then you cannot e-file your IL return.  Print, sign and mail it instead.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Illinois has be claiming every year that I didn't file one thing or the other. I used HR Block and they didn't step up and guarantee their work. This past year they claimed I didn't attache the W2, which I did. They are trying to scare people into paying more because the state is broke, corrupt and financially irresponsible. And yet, they have a billionaire governor who inherited his money. They always go after the middle class, don't they.

Maybe it doesn't really exist. All my information was correct. 

I am also getting both rejection codes  Turbotax is not helping  does anyone know how to fix this?

Could be a typo from prior year or another error not immediately apparent. Check things like:

- Prior year social security number

- Prior year phone

- All personal data, like phone, address , name, social mispellings

- Kid or spouse who decided to file separately and head of household

- Child custody claim deduction for children

Mccoyfam3

I had my I’ll State return rejected 4 times because it said the AGI was not matching. What I did to get past it I checked the box I didn’t have the AGI and used my IL pin and it was accepted.  Good luck all. 

smhoff58

i have had 5 rejected submissions and continue to be rejected  i have a simple reture, 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Try completing the steps in this TurboTax FAQ to fix the rejection. If that does not work, please comment here the rejection code so that we can better assist you.

@smhoff58

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies