turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import QuickBooks for Mac Business Information to TurboTax

I am unable to import Business Information from Quickbooks 2019 for Mac into TurboTax Home & Business 2019 (Mac version).  The TurboTax section "Import Business Information" Learn More link contains the following statement: "You can import your business information from the 2018, 2019, or 2020 versions of Quicken or QuickBooks."  However, you can't.

What's going on, Intuit?  I feel I have been deceived.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

The instructions are universal ... where are you getting lost ? 

How do I import QuickBooks into the TurboTax CD/Download for Windows?

TurboTax for Windows Basic, Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business versions can import directly from the QuickBooks 2014-2020 Desktop software.

If you're looking to import QuickBooks into TurboTax Business, see this article instead.

Before you begin

• Make sure the QuickBooks 2014-2020 software (downloadable or CD) is installed on your computer, along with TurboTax.
  • Your QuickBooks data file should be saved to your local drive, not on the network or cloud.
  • Make sure you've finished entering the tax year's financial info in QuickBooks, and that you've assigned tax lines to your accounts.
  • During the import, leave QuickBooks is running and keep your QuickBooks data file open.

How to import

1. Open (continue) your tax return in TurboTax.
  2. From the TurboTax File menu in the upper-left corner, select Import > From Accounting Software.
    • If you're importing from both Quicken and QuickBooks, import from QuickBooks first.
  3. Select QuickBooks (2014-2020), click Continue, and follow the onscreen instructions.

Dear Critter,

The question concerned the Mac desktop versions of these programs, NOT the Windows versions.  Your reply is not applicable.  I'm not lost.

Sorry about that ... didn't pay attention.   Here is what I found on the QB forum ...

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/taxes/how-do-i-create-a-txf-file-from-quickbooks-f...

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

The information on the Forum about exporting a report to Excel from QuickBooks for Mac doesn't work.  There is no option to export a QB report to Excel.

Will contact TT support, but based on previous experience, I am not hopeful.

QuickBooks for Mac Business doesn't seem to be an option for Mac. There is not a File > Import from Tax Software Option. There is not an option under business to link to my bank, so this makes it pretty ridiculous to get my banking and expense data into TurboTax. 

I have downloaded all sorts of files from my bank in an attempt to get those to import into TurboTax with no success: including .qfx, .csv, .qbo, .oxf. 

Is it really that hard for Intuit to make their products compatible, at least creat options so that banks can be added that are not in their system? 

The intuit help base is a joke, and all of the help discussions are pointed to solutions for PC. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

QuickBooks software for the Mac is fraught with these issues.  I thought, okay, for this year I'll do my taxes on a PC.  So I export my QB Mac software for the Windows platform.  During the process, the file is saved as a .qbb file.  Easy, right? So I go to my PC Tax software and, ta da, that file format isn't supported.  It needs to be a .qba file format.  How do I get around it--I have to BUY the QB PC for desktop version to convert my Mac software file.  Have you heard anything so ridiculous?! 

Given my dealings with Intuit/Quickbooks in the past, this doesn't surprise me.  Their actual software is very nice, but they have business practices that I have appalling, this being one perfect example. 

Problem is, there are no "Import -> From Accounting Software" in TurboTax Home Business 2019 for Mac!

Still doesn't work for 2020 tax year.  Oh, my!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@CanandaiguaMan Please reach out to QuickBooks Customer Support for assistance with importing into TurboTax. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MacUseR2

Exactly Intuit, How hard is it in the Mac version to add to the software "export to Turbo Tax" and make sure it ends with .qba      So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you asking about the *Canadian* product?   There is no  Business for Mac for US tax.

This is the US forum.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

No, it's not the Canadian version. Home & Business Personal and Self-Employed Edition for Mac for the US market. I have the box right here in front of me.

Customer Support is unable to help. Sorry. 

It's ok, I was not expecting your help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies