turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rfreiss

Import 1099 pershing llc

How do I import data from Voya Financial Advisor's  which is using Pershing LLC for the clearing house for Data?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rfreiss

Import 1099 pershing llc

This is not easy. You need to find your Institution Number which is not really part of your account number.

example 3z5-xxxxxx Institution is 3z1 really.

Go to the site to find your Institution number.

https://www.netxinvestor.com/web/netxinvestor/login

Put in the first three characters of you account number into lookup.

ie 3z5 or something else.

Now you have the real Institution number.

This can now be used by the import tool in Turbo tax.

UserNname

Account Institution

Password.

View solution in original post

24 Replies
rfreiss

Import 1099 pershing llc

This is not easy. You need to find your Institution Number which is not really part of your account number.

example 3z5-xxxxxx Institution is 3z1 really.

Go to the site to find your Institution number.

https://www.netxinvestor.com/web/netxinvestor/login

Put in the first three characters of you account number into lookup.

ie 3z5 or something else.

Now you have the real Institution number.

This can now be used by the import tool in Turbo tax.

UserNname

Account Institution

Password.

Import 1099 pershing llc

Not working!

Import 1099 pershing llc

Select NetXInvestor from the drop down list.  I found this out by accident in a state of sheer terror.

Import 1099 pershing llc

I cannot get this to work at all.  I was using Motif Investing which over the years imported first as Pershing Then as Motif, now Motif has closed and I cannot import through them even though Motif still shows up in th list.  I am assuming NetXInvestor should work.

I sucessfully logged in to NetXInvestor(Pershing) and can view my 1099 on their website but I cannot Import it into TurboTax using the exact same "Financial Org #" which I am Assuming is the same thing as "Financial Institution Number"   (Turbotax uses both phrases on its form, NetXInvestor uses Org during login).  I don't know why this is happening I am positive I am typing my User ID and password exactly as I do to get into the NetXInvestor website.  I signed up for e-delivery of tax forms through NetXInvestor in case that matters but still no dice.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Anyone get it to work?

Mr-B
Level 3

Import 1099 pershing llc

I'm in same situation. I couldn't get my 1099 imported. I tried with Motif investing and also with next investor.

Please tell us if you've find us a solution.

mo785

Import 1099 pershing llc

I can't even log in to the netxinvestor site. Is the user ID different than the user name (email)? I need to call the number listed here https://info.folioinvesting.com/motif-faqs#documentation and I have low hopes they will return my call..

Mr-B
Level 3

Import 1099 pershing llc

User Id is not my email address in my case. It is different.

By the way, TT gives option to enter summary of sale by category (short/long/covered/non-covered..). No need to enter 100s of individual sales. If all you sales are reported to IRS (covered), no need to snail mail anything.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Import 1099 pershing llc

You can securely import your 1099-B, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-OID, or 1099-R into TurboTax, provided your broker or financial institution participates in our TurboTax Partner program.

When you get to the place in TurboTax where we ask if you received that form, answer Yes and we'll give you the option to import.

You can also jump straight to the section for your specific 1099 form. Here's how:

1. Sign in to TurboTax and open or continue your return. 
  2. Search for 1099-B and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Follow the screens and you’ll be able to import your form.

Tip: Be sure to select the right financial institution or brokerage from the list. For example, several participating partners' names start with First National Bank and if you select the wrong First National Bank, you won't be able to import.

You can import up to 1,500 transactions from your financial institution in TurboTax Online.

Go here to see how to take a picture of your 1099-MISC in the mobile app.

Related Information:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Sgomes

Import 1099 pershing llc

I am a former Motif client and trying to import my 1099 from netxinvestor.    I am able to log into netxinvestor and see my forms.  I was provided the RBW as the financial org #.  I use the RBW and the same login information for netxinvestor and get the following message: 

Did something change? We can't find this account at your bank.

We'll help reconnect it if you need to. Don't worry, we've still got all your transactions. (352)

Does anyone else get this message?  If you got in, what org # ore you using?  i tried the look up on netxinvestor and got no results ....

Thanks

mkumble13

Import 1099 pershing llc

Even i've the same issue. Did anyone find a solution?

karob329
Returning Member

Import 1099 pershing llc

I'm getting the same message.

Did something change? We can't find this account at your bank.

We'll help reconnect it if you need to. Don't worry, we've still got all your transactions. (352)

Did anyone get a solution?

Import 1099 pershing llc

tried this "Look Up" with no luck.

Called my broker at Maxim / Pershing LLC and he said "I dont think we participate in the turbotax upload.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Import 1099 pershing llc

You may need to check your brokerage to see if they are allowing third-party access. Since you have done this, you may have to manually enter your forms.  For more details, please see below:

Although the following Help Article is for Schwab, it is possible that your brokerage has restricted TurboTax's access to your statements unless you grant consent, and you might need to do something similar to what is described here How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Import 1099 pershing llc

Exact same Issue for me... spent 1 1/2 hours on phone with Intuit and was not able to resolve.  I was going to try and call Pershing during week to see if they have answer.  Probably get no where and have to hand type... very annoying.  The whole Motif just secretly closing down was weird too.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies