turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Im confused , your service doesnt have I am needing . I am self employed and income is tips only. What do I file under ?

I do not get a 1099 and here on Turbo tax the only other option is   Uncommon Income    which does not seem right either .
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies

Im confused , your service doesnt have I am needing . I am self employed and income is tips only. What do I file under ?

Use Other self-employed income. Includes 1099-K, cash, and checks. 

This includes cash income which would be the tips you receive.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Ok thank you. One other question . Can I add my yearly storage space ( for equipment ) as a deduction and if so under what section . 

Thank you kindly.

In the Expense section for self-employment use Other miscellaneous expenses for the storage fees.

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Hi .

You wrote :

In the Expense section for self-employment use Other miscellaneous expenses for the storage fees.

I can not find  what you said . There is no area that says Other Miscellaneous expenses. I've looked for well over an hour !  Even under  Other Deductible Expenses there is nothing to add this expense.

Please advise .  Thank you.

@sugarbear9876543 wrote:

Hi .

You wrote :

In the Expense section for self-employment use Other miscellaneous expenses for the storage fees.

I can not find  what you said . There is no area that says Other Miscellaneous expenses. I've looked for well over an hour !  Even under  Other Deductible Expenses there is nothing to add this expense.

Please advise .  Thank you.

In the expenses section of the program for self-employment, on the screen Tell us about any expenses select 

Other miscellaneous expenses - See Screenshot #3

SE Income and Expenses.JPG

SE Income and Expenses 1.JPG

SE Income and Expenses 2.JPG

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

There is no rectangle that says add expenses , I have been trying for hours .

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Please advise .

@sugarbear9876543 wrote:

There is no rectangle that says add expenses , I have been trying for hours .

On the screen for your 2019 Self-Employed Work Summary, when you click on the Edit button the following screen has two boxes. 

One states Add income for this work and the other states Add expenses for this work

You need to scroll down the page slightly for the Expense box to be visible.

There are also other selections on this page.  Do you see these? -

Carryovers, limitations, at risk information, etc.  and a Start button

Qualified Business Income and a Details button

2-Year Comparison and a Details button

A clickable link How do I add another line of work?  and a Done button

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Nope its not there . I restarted for the 4th time ! The choices keep changing and now it says  click on one of 2 option boxes which are : 

1. I DONT HAVE EXPENSES 

2.UPGRADE TO SELF EMPLOYED .

Yes sorry,  you need to upgrade.

You can enter 1099Misc Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.

How to enter self employment expenses

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/entering-importing/help/where-do-i-enter-my-self-employment-busine...

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

Is that free ?  I made crap this year and now unemployed , do you really think I want to keep paying more and more ?

Not free.  The Self Employed version is the highest version.

OR There is also The Turbo Tax Freedom website which is free for federal and state.  And has more forms than the Federal Free Edition, like the full 1040 return and Schedules A, B, C , D, E, F, EIC, H, K-1, SE,  etc.

To qualify for the Tax Freedom website  you just need to meet one of these 3 things

AGI $34,000 or less

Active duty military with AGI of $66,000 or less

OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit)

In order to use the Tax Freedom Edition, you have to start it at a special website:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/

How to switch to Tax Freedom

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3491786

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

I made 17.500 . Do I qualify ? Im not military .

I do not have have 1040 and would I have to start all over again  ?

sugarbear9876543
Returning Member

I live in Florida so just federal.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies