turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

a-bbook

If you have a fifth wheel rv and pay seasonal rates/fees(paid annually) at a camp ground are those rates/fees(paid annually) tax deductable?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

If you have a fifth wheel rv and pay seasonal rates/fees(paid annually) at a camp ground are those rates/fees(paid annually) tax deductable?

No. The campground fees would be a personal expense that is not deductible.

Click this to learn more about deducting the mortgage interest expense on second homes.

IRS Publication 936 Home Mortgage Interest Deduction

I have that same issue but I'm charged yearly lot rent, and the travel trailer qualifies as my 2nd home, is that lot rent deductible ?

Thanks

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Unfortunately, amounts paid to rent space for an RV are not deductible, even if you live there year-round.

The only deductions available for your home (or second home/RV) are mortgage interest and property taxes. Unless you own the space (the underlying real estate), you don't pay mortgage interest or property taxes. 

Thanks

motionman333
Returning Member

Can the mortgage interest on my 5th wheel used for our winter home be deductable? Live in for 5 months.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can include the interest that you pay for the fifth wheel as a deduction for Mortgage Interest. It would qualify as a second home.

How to enter your mortgage interest on TurboTax without a 1098?

1. Click on Federal Taxes 
  2. Click on Deductions and Credits.
  3. Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  4. Under Your Home.
  5. On Mortgage Interest, click on the start or update button.
    How do I enter my mortgage on TurboTax?
  6. Answer all of the questions for entering your deduction.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies