Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

shia81

If my taxes say completed and I filed. But I just downloaded it to my phone and 2 forms say form not final what does that mean

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

If my taxes say completed and I filed. But I just downloaded it to my phone and 2 forms say form not final what does that mean

It probably means your tax return was not filed if the forms included with the return have not yet been finalized.  Click on Review and the dates available will be shown for the forms.

Did you actually e-file the tax return and receive an email from TurboTax acknowledging the transmission?

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Candylynn76
Returning Member

I done all you said and got the emails too. But my amount isn't the same because of the file additional child tax credit said don't file form not final. I thought I made a mistake so I went and done it on a different app and got more. What should I do..

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

You may have filed the original return when the form was not final. You need to amend your original return to claim the additional child tax credit.  Here is how to amend your 2019 return.

1. Sign in to TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return.
  3. Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  4. Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  5. When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return as amendments can't be e-filed.

Since the additional child tax credit form is current, this should automatically update with a refund in your return without you making any entries.  

if you do have additional problems, If you still have problems, please reach out to customer phone support as they have the ability to view your return to pinpoint the issues that you may be experiencing and guide you to make the right steps.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies