turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I got an extension for 2018 can I fill my 2018 tax return through turbo tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies

Yes, of course your can prepare and file your 2018 return using TurboTax.  E-filing is open for 2018 returns until October 15, 2019.  After that a 2018 return must be printed, signed and mailed.

When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I am in the process of completing my tax return for 2018 and will e-file my return by or before 10/15/2019. When I go to review my tax return for errors it shows an entry for Tennessee which I do not have. I could have made a mistake by hitting the state only once and that pulls us Tennessee instead of hitting the state selection twice and getting Texas. I am a residence of Texas and this mistake will not let me e-file my return because of this error. The error appears in my personal information that indicates that my permanate(sp) address is in Tennessee instead of Texas, how do I correct this? I am using TurboTax Premier, I would also like to upgrade to Turbo Tax Home and Business. The outlet did not have it when I went to buy TurboTax for 2018. I would like to upgrade for $10.00 but somehow I could not make it happen.

Go to My Info/Personal Info and click edit by your name.  Then go through the screens to the screen where you click on the state you live in.  You can change your mistake there and choose TX.

As for upgrading when you are using desktop Premier, look up to the top of your screen.  On the upper right there is a green arrow with the word "Upgrade" that you can click in order to upgrade to Home and Business.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Hi

How do I upload my Business Information to my 2018 Taxes?

Thanks

BJ 

Can I file my 2018 if I applied for an extension?

You can file a tax return for which you requested an extension to file anytime by Oct. 15, 2019. 

@ceciljarman E-filing for 2018 returns is open until October 15, 2019.  After that a 2018 return must be printed, signed and mailed.

When you requested your extension you were supposed to pay your estimated tax due.  Did you enter the payment you made into your tax return?  Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Estimates and Other Taxes Paid>Other Income Taxes 

Davidferon30d
Returning Member

My problem is I can not find the Intuit *TURBOTAX down load which I purchase for 2018 on 11/08/2018.

I have filed the proper extensions including proper payments.

When I called the phone # listed I was told that it would sent to my E mail.

So far nothing has been received.

My E mail a/c is  [email address removed]

I would appreciate your help as time is growing short.

David Feron

Did you forget how to access your account?

Many people have multiple TT accounts and forget how to access them.  Log out of the account you are in now.

Account recovery

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-password

Or did you use the desktop version of TurboTax?  If so, the files are on your own hard drive or any backup device you used like a flash drive.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901486-how-many-turbotax-accounts-do-i-have

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-download-the-software-i-purchased-at-turb...

@bjp939598 I had the same issue because I'm on Quickbooks Online, I was advised to export the data to a Desktop version because that allows you to upload to TurboTax. Problem is I couldn't get anything exported besides lists of customers and vendors, or reports. I made a backup of the company and then the Desktop 2019 couldn't open the file because it was made in a different version (!).

I settled for just pulling all the information by running profit and loss and using that and the balance sheet.  Good luck and if you figure out an easier way please reply...

statefarm2018tax
Returning Member

No, not yet

There is an extension to file taxes

@Margieabina You have added to an old thread full of other people's posts.  Do you have a question about getting an extension for a 2019 tax return?  What is the reason you posted here?

Manage cookies