turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How can I get the free Turbo Tax Self employed offer as an uber driver? I tried clicking the link directly from the Uber website, still my discount doesn't show up.

I also struggled. I did everything that was advised above and nothing worked until I decided to create a whole new account from the Uber dashboard. Bingo! I'm not finished with my return yet, but every time I check I see 0. I also see the wording "Presented by Uber" next to the sign out. Good Luck!

tomb1009

How can I get the free Turbo Tax Self employed offer as an uber driver? I tried clicking the link directly from the Uber website, still my discount doesn't show up.

Start turbo tax on your computer. When you're ready to check out. Sign off. Log on to Uber portal on you're  Smart phone, follow the link to turbo tax, sign in confirm everything you completed on computer then check out. Worked great Free filing!

After trying to delete cookies and history 5 times on my computer.  Told a friend it worked for them too!

Thanks, Uber on!

Thank you, just tried it and it really work

Cateyes49
Returning Member

How can i get on uber tax for tubo tax

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You need to log in through the Uber TurboTax portal as follows:

https://www.uber.com/us/en/drive/tax-information/turbotax-partnership/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Grrr
Level 2

Sigh...... I've cleared and restarted this process 5 times now, spent over an hr on the phone with Turbotax, 1.5 hrs with Uber "support", which was the WORST, and then another hr with Turbotax, all to no avail. SUPER frustrating. I'll delete it all again and try what you have shared here. If this doesnt work Im tossing my phone into the lake and moving to Uruguay. Ugggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!! 

Grrr
Level 2

"instead scroll down to where it says TurboTax Self Employed on the left side of the screen."

Ive not seen this. 

I've gone to the Uber site, "Tax information", clicked the banner with the guys face and it says "File for Free with Turbotax Self Employed" the yellow button says "Get Started". This takes me to the page where you can select which service you would like such as "Free Edition" or "Self Employed". I assume that this is the page you are referring to where I would find what you are talking about,  "instead scroll down to where it says TurboTax Self Employed on the left side of the screen." I see nothing on the left that is clickable, only the 4 packages that Turbotax offers. I've been clicking on the "self employed" option which shows a price of $90 (crossed out) and $0* in blue, but still it tries to charge $90 when Im ready to submit my taxes. :( 

Am I doing something wrong? 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Grrr

If you continue to have this issue please contact us for further assistance. 

Grrr
Level 2

Hello JeanneLO,

I have contacted TurboTax support twice and spent over 2 hours trying to resolve this issue all to no avail. No one seems to be able to help me. I have once again cleared my history and cache, started all over again, and I'm still getting charged at the end regardless of how I approach it.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Grrr

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for general information on how to properly start your tax return with the Uber link: How can I apply my Uber discount to my TurboTax account?

Additionally see this link to access the link for Uber to start the process along with steps needed for the process.

Also, even though you have cleared your cache and cookies. Make sure and do it again before you start the process. Make sure you are logged off of TurboTax and your Uber website before you clear the cache/cookies.

Grrr
Level 2

Yeah.... I have read and reread and followed the instructions to the t numerous times. Every time I speak with somebody about this issue they send me a link to the instructions or read them to me yet again. I understand how I'm supposed to access the system for free through the Uber site. What I'm looking for help with is the fact that it is not working. I go through the Uber site, it uploads all of my information from the Uber site into TurboTax, and when I get to the end it wants to charge me $90.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@Grrr Please contact customer support here for further assistance so that we can take a look at what is going on to better assist you.

I was charged $120+tax after filing my return earlier to send out my tax return. There's no way to get a free return, even from the link at partner.uber.com. I recalled before the extension, the return was totally paid by Uber, so drivers get a free filing. This really sucks. I wish I had completed my return a few months earlier.

There's a new partner called Keeper Tax, advertised in the Uber Driver app. I guess the partnership between Uber and TurboTax had ended before October.

If you missed the uber discount because it was discontinued then you will NOT get a refund of fees from TT.  No matter what DIY program you use  you must pay attention to the fine print for using the uber offering.   FYI ... going forward you should pay the fees while the discount is in effect to lock in that price (even if it will be free).

Or  use one of the IRS FREE FILE options instead :   https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies