Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maandpak

I've downloaded the 2020 version of Turbor Tax and it won't install. What can I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I've downloaded the 2020 version of Turbor Tax and it won't install. What can I do?

can you provide more detail?  

it won't launch?

if won't get the new updates?

it freezes at the authentication screen?

maandpak

It will not launch.  Windows says it's downloaded and I confirmed that it is.  When the "install" screen comes up, it quickly goes through the pictured bar and nothing happens.  At no point am I asked to authorize anything.  I have copied the License Code but have not had an opportunity to enter it.  The security suite is PC Matic - I deleted McAfee. 

follow the links that were provided earlier in  this thread 

FRafr2019

Error 1619  Will not install  Windows 10.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@FRafr2019

Please make sure your Windows/Windows Installer is up to date. Please see this for general information on TurboTax installation issues: Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows.

If you continue to have issues please contact us

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jolly2001

Steps I had to put together to get mine to install.

windows 10 - Error during install, only gets to a few percent and stops with errors.

type "msconfig" in the search bar
In the System Configuration window
Select Boot
- Safe Boot and check Network
restart computer

At this point you can't install because the windows installer doesn't normally run in Safe mode

search "cmd" and right click on command prompt and (run as administrator)

copy and paste these following commands in the command prompt. Press Enter after typing each command line.

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\MSIServer" /VE /T REG_SZ /F /D "Service"
net start msiserver

Go back to where your Downloaded TurboTax file is.
Right click on the file and Run as Administrator
**IF the install is successful at this point you can change back to Regular boot**

go back now and type "msconfig" in the search bar
In the System Configuration window
Select Boot and uncheck "Safe boot"
Restart computer

good luck..

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies