turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tmus2000
Returning Member

I received an email from a tax expert from TurboTax but I can't see the contents when I log into Turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I received an email from a tax expert from TurboTax but I can't see the contents when I log into Turbotax

When you log in, if you don't get a notice to review the message, click the red box in the top right Expert Help.  Then choose Contact History.  Are your messages there?

tmus2000
Returning Member

@mesquitebean, I don't see a notice to review a new message and there is not a red box.

tmus2000:

Are you sure you are in the right account with the return  you have been preparing?    Many people end up with more than one.   If you think that is not the right account, we can tell you how to troubleshoot.

Otherwise, if it's the right account, I don't know why you would not see the red box "Expert Help" in the top right.   Phone TurboTax Support during business hours so they can troubleshoot with you.

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263

I've also asked a Moderator for additional suggestions tomorrow.

tmus2000:
You said you don't see the red "Expert Help" button in the upper right corner.

You haven't said what product you are using.   Please verify that you are using one of these Live products:  Live Basic, Live Deluxe, Live Premier, or Live Self-Employed.

tmus2000
Returning Member

@mesquitebean, excellent question and I'm glad you asked. I am using the old school 2016 desktop edition for that year's return.

@tmus2000 wrote:

excellent question and I'm glad you asked. I am using the old school 2016 desktop edition for that year's return.

Well, that explains  some things and confuses others.   The Live feature with messages from a TurboTax tax expert is only available in Online 2018 TurboTax.    You had not said anything about using desktop software for a 2016 return, and you talked about logging into your account to get a message, so I assumed you were using Live TurboTax, a 2018 online product.

As I mentioned previously, you need to phone Customer Support and let them question you to figure what all is going on.      Was the Support person you talked to simply going to send you something in regular email?  Or did the email say to log into your account?    If the latter, maybe they thought you were using 2018 Live TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies