Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I now am disabled and receive SSDI. I received my first stimulus payment through direct deposit. The second payment shows Status Not Available. Do I have to file?

The last time I filed was for 2018, which was the year I became disabled, and have received SSDI since then.  I did not file in 2019, making me a non-filer.  Will I have to file for 2020 to receive my stimulus payment, that is the information the IRS/EIP states?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I now am disabled and receive SSDI. I received my first stimulus payment through direct deposit. The second payment shows Status Not Available. Do I have to file?

That is our understanding but we are waiting for clarification on what this will actually look like for you, the consumer. There may yet be changes. Since you are on disability, there may be a chance there is another method coming.

I hope you receive your stimulus payment this final week of sending payments and don't have to worry about it anymore.

If not, please keep checking the IRS stimulus website. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You are so welcome. It is a very frustrating time. Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

That is our understanding but we are waiting for clarification on what this will actually look like for you, the consumer. There may yet be changes. Since you are on disability, there may be a chance there is another method coming.

I hope you receive your stimulus payment this final week of sending payments and don't have to worry about it anymore.

If not, please keep checking the IRS stimulus website. 

Thank you so much for replying.  This has been so frustrating.  I will keep on checking for updates in the IRS stimulus website. If you get any important information beforehand, please share, I'm sure there are many experiencing this predicament also.  Thanks again!!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

You are so welcome. It is a very frustrating time. Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies